• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Paul Money, Triumphs of Voyager part two

For this months formal meeting on Tuesday the 10th of October we welcome back the ever-popular Paul Money, who will be giving the talk entitled “Triumphs of Voyager part two:" Don't worry if you missed part one, I'm sure part two will be just as interesting. Hope you can all come along, to see and hear a great entertainer and educator.
Meeting will take place at Erewash museum in the Hayloft. 
Doors open from 7pm for a 7:30pm start. Refreshments availablefor  £1 a mug.

• Like 1

Paul Money gave this same lecture at our Sherwood Obs a couple of months ago and it was brilliantly presented in his inimitable style, highly entertaining and informative to boot! Don’t miss it!

cheers!

We have the Voyager talk : Part 1 to look forward to tomorrow night down at DDAS.

It should be a good night, and Paul never disappoints :)

16 hours ago, Bino-viewer said:

We have the Voyager talk : Part 1 to look forward to tomorrow night down at DDAS.

It should be a good night, and Paul never disappoints :)

I think this is one of the best talks I've heard Paul give. Really interesting.

• Like 2

I attended the IDAS meeting tonight to see Mr Paul Money with his second part of the Voyager talk.

A brilliant talk, in two halves with an intermission no less and with a brief synopsis of the first part so everyone was up to speed. Some stunning images were shown of the planets that the two craft visited and there were some of Jupiter that some chap had taken the original Raw data and processed using modern techniques, absolutely mind blowing. Apparently the data is knocking about somewhere, so anyone can have a crack at it.

I purchased Paul's yearly book, "Nightscenes" for 2018 and that will take pride of place in the toilet on the bookshelf.

Great to catch up with the Ilkeston chaps, thank you for an enjoyable and informative evening. :)

• Like 2