• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

M51 lum fron SGL7

red dwalf

took a few captures at hereford to get the feel of the scope and get my head round using the equipment so these aren`t too good, my processing skills is pants also, having loads of trouble with it, but i`ve managed to get 20 1 minute subs and 20 darks in the luminance chanel together.

these are using the Starwave scope, unguided and without the reducer.

Edited by red dwalf

Guest Kheldar

Great start, especially unguided!!! :) Now hurry up and show me the RGB channels :D

Edited by Kheldar

As soon as I can understand the processing you'll get the finished version, I'm rubbish with it, did well just to get this l.o.l.

Loaded the darker and processed ok with the luminace channel, but keeps playing up when i use the red, blue, green chanels.

If I don't add darks there's almost nothing to see, and when I do add darks it only wants to stack 1 sub ?

Keep having a play with the settings when I get chance.

I really hope so Phil, especially after the unfavourable reviews its had, I hope to give it a run for It's money, bought a st 80 now for guiding and th e work on the obey has now started at last

That's alright Rob, you have the bridge detail and nice spirals.

And yeah, don't put yourself down, that's the wife's job! :lol:

thanks for the comments guys,

it was never going to be any masterpiece but more of a getting to know the equipment, setting it up and using the software, the stars do look better than when i did this target with the Meade DSI lrgb filters back at Kelling using the SCT scope, was adviced by RobH to swap the Meade filters for better ones, so it does look lke the astronomik filters do a better job.