• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

M42 LRGB WIP

philjay

That is truly something else.

What filters are they using --- must be Astrodon 

I know you are POTM judge but that gets my vote. :2thumbsup:

Edited by Graham

That's lovely. OK it's premium gear, but it's still a four inch scope, it just shows what really dark skies contribute. I can't wait to see what else you add to this one.

Thanks folks.

No mention of the type of filters on the scope and camera spec. Even the model of FLI camera isnt mentioned, Oh well it takes a decent snap thats all Im bothered about. :D

I managed to shoe horn myself in for about half hours RGB data this afto, all was going well, object aquired, tracking starting then, er er, the roof closed, high humidity and cloud. Dratt and double dratt beaten by the weather darn under again.

Edited by philjay

A bit more work on it with some more colour data from yesterday. Ive left this full frame now so I can pull in the dust in the surrounding regions because I want to try and show M42 as a hole in the dust. I'm trying to preserve M42 etc as recogniseable, I see so many long exposure shots of this area where you can hardly recognise the nebula as M42.

I am trying to resist adding Ha to this because of this. Anyrode up its coming on a bit. Got to try and make the wings look a bit more natural I think.

About an hour of photons equaly split across LRGB. Quite pleased with the result, needs a bit more data. Hopefully catch some more this week. Had a good run with Sidings Spring just lately only had the roof shut on me twice due to poor weather out of 8 runs.

M42-composit.jpg?raw=1

• Like 1