• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Very rough and ready SH2 157

Graham

SH2 157 -- The Lobster Claw.

Tonight's run was purely a test to see what I could get on this target.

I will be having a proper go as soon as Mr Blobby is out of the way.

Just 5 x 600 second subs in HA, OIII and SII

Thrown together in PS to see what if anything was what.

SH2-157.jpg?raw=1

• Like 2

isnt there a squid in there somewhere, was his the one Ibbo was fighting with or was that a different one?  Looking good :)

10 hours ago, Sheila said:

isnt there a squid in there somewhere, was his the one Ibbo was fighting with or was that a different one?  Looking good :)

No thats the flying bat.

Tried the squid last year and after many hours of subs I had to admit defeat. 

Now you and your 3nm filter and the big tak would stand a great chance of nailing it.

ibbo said i had to do that too, but unguided on the 130 i cant get long enough subs.  It will have to wait till i can

get the guiding sorted on the MyT, then i might try.  I laso think it has more to do with how good you are at

processing and masks and stuff :wacko:  and i dont really do all that stuff, just the simple stuff in PS

Very nice. :thumbsup:

The rich small cluster NGC7510 is slightly cut off at the bottom right. The cluster looks nice at high power visually but the nebula is apparently difficult without a big scope under a really dark sky, though someone has seen it through an 8" scope!.