• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Meteorite hits Ripon.

My Grand daughter, Katelyn came home from school and said a meteorite had landed in the school playing field.

My Son went and had a look and here's the impact site, complete with Police tape in the corner.

He has no idea who now has the object, but the kids said it was still smoking when they went out to play.

I tried posting the pic, but it was to big, it is however in my Gallery.

More from our North York's correspondent as matters progress.

It would be nice to find out who's got it, as it could be worth a lot of money, depending on what type it is.

That and it's the property of the land owner!

Wow I was wondering just the other day could this happen....luckily it was on the field and not the school! I bet that sent excitement through the school :) It's better than when Shona's mums car (my daughter's best mate) got hit by 'blue ice' when parked at Sainsburys....how unlucky!

Hope the school use it to get the kids thinking astronomy!

Blue ice comes from older aircraft toilets.......

Yeah we know where it came from...but no airline would accept responsibility and they didn't get any money for it...so she lost her car :( not good.