• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Skywatcher Star Adventurer B - SOLD

philjay

Only used about a dozen times but to good effect. Therefore in great nick just minor scratches on the DT adapter anodising from the clamp screw as per the norm . Offering on EMS first before going nationwide so snap it up folks

Price £140 cash at a meet or collection or £145 Paypal as gift inc P&P

SA1.jpg?raw=1sa7.jpg?raw=1

Edited by Daz Type-R

I forgot to mention this.

I put a little dimple in the base so it locates with the anti spin pin on some standard tripods. This locates the sprung pin and stops the mount from spinning on the tripod dovetail/adapter. Its only a dimple, not a hole. It does not affect the integrity of the mount casing. You can see the larger one SW have put in at the bottom, I think this locates with their wedge as it doesnt fit any tripod I have used, hence my copy cat dimple

sa8.jpg?raw=1

I have a Star Adventurer (got the photo bundle) and can say it's a great piece of kit.  I was amazed just how easy polar alignment was, and, for the first time in ages, I was able to get 30-90s seconds exposure with a 300 mm FL and I was very pleased.  I have yet to learn a lot from it.  With APT and a laptop and a couple of 5m active USB cables, I can run the camera outside from my dining room.  It makes it more of a pleasure to have some warmth, but I'm generally still wrapped up in order to go back out to change to different objects.  I don't understand about the dimple placed. But I have noticed that my camera has swung fast when I've unclamped the clutch and I didn't hold the camera (my fault, it may not be balanced - I haven't been using the thing with the counter balance weight).   

• tuckstar locked this topic