• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Mak advice

Bottletopburly

hopefully by next friday ish  i will shortly have a mak ,what adapters will i need to fix my dslr to it ? comes with a star diagonal and a 20mm SWA 

tscopeCapture.JPG

Hi David,

I have a similar sort of scope : a 6" Meade SCT that i brought second hand.

I'm planning on trying it out terrestrially as well as for astronomy use.

My main camera is full frame and i think they'd be some pretty grim vignetting with this scope.

But earlier this year i purchased a little Canon mirrorless with an APS-C sensor.

I thought i'd try it out with the little Meade and see how i get on.

I've just purchased a EOS-M T-Ring and a T to SCT adapter from FLO.

It looks a little bit Heath Robinson i think, but i'll be interested in how it performs and

I just love playing around with scopes and cameras.

Check it out.....

39137419792_c788e6ea36.jpg38460131884_6b1c5d3933.jpg38460131694_2d27539a3e.jpg25302522838_08842a3f9c.jpg25302522318_6e57f30a54.jpg38460132024_41eb2af87d.jpg

Edited by Bino-viewer
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Bino-viewer said:

Hi David,

I have a similar sort of scope : a 6" Meade SCT that i brought second hand.

I'm planning on trying it out terrestrially as well as for astronomy use.

My main camera is full frame and i think they'd be some pretty grim vignetting with this scope.

But earlier this year i purchased a little Canon mirrorless with an APS-C sensor.

I thought i'd try it out with the little Meade and see how i get on.

I've just purchased a EOS-M T-Ring and a T to SCT adapter from FLO.

It looks a little bit Heath Robinson i think, but i'll be interested in how it performs and

I just love playing around with scopes and cameras.

Check it out.....

39137419792_c788e6ea36.jpg38460131884_6b1c5d3933.jpg38460131694_2d27539a3e.jpg25302522838_08842a3f9c.jpg25302522318_6e57f30a54.jpg38460132024_41eb2af87d.jpg

Thanks , I wanted something better for planetary and capturing the ISS , my 500D has video so I’m hoping for a moon / sun transit . 

I have the skywatcher MAK127. The focus point is about 80mm back. I actually use a flip mirror, the focus i found to be a real #######! So actually attached a fine focus motor drive to it, works perfect! great scope enjoy !!!! 

Flip mirror..png

• Like 1

If youre doing planetary or DSS it should be fine with a dslr as thesubject is small, however expect vignetting with larger than the average ccd chipped planetary cameras.

Edited by philjay
  • Like 1

As you all know, I have the same Mak and think it's <expletive> brilliant. Yes, you need a T-mount and a camera adaptor which is custom-made for your camera. I used mine for full disc solar and lunar shots and have used Barlow lenses to give a focal length of more than 9 metres! I have a Meade Electronic Eyepiece, as my SPC880 won't work with Windows 8. I haven't used it as much as I like but hope to be active when the Mars season starts soon.