• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

New setup completed

Alec

Made a few mods, sorted the power supply so i don't electrocute myself, used a amazon special ip55 rated garden box, added a dimmable led strip stop me groping around:) sorted all the cables out all done. Dew heater and lighting powered from the usb on the power pack. Even managed a star alignment then the clouds rolled in so packed it all up again :( 

IMG_2506.JPG

• Like 1

Thx  think I’m going to stop presetting up. Every time I do it turns to cloud.:( I even managed some darks, flats and bios frames ready to go but the cloud has other ideas.

ah well looks like it’s a bottle of red wine and a movie tonight.

2 hours ago, Alec said:

Made a few mods, sorted the power supply so i don't electrocute myself, used a amazon special ip55 rated garden box, added a dimmable led strip stop me groping around:) sorted all the cables out all done. Dew heater and lighting powered from the usb on the power pack. Even managed a star alignment then the clouds rolled in so packed it all up again :( 

IMG_2506.JPG

Whats wrong with your warm room with the big red door :D

Well if in the warm room with the big red door i have very limited sky. Would be viewing East onto a street lit with LED lights between 2 houses quite limited. You have given me an idea, sliding roof on the garage. Then i would be sorted.

• Like 1