• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

The best answer possible...

Craig

The link below is to an article about the end of our solar system and the work currently underway to better understand this, however the opening gambit is what really caught my attention.

"So what do you think happens when we die?" I was asked during dinner at a recent event after one fellow diner -- who I'd only just met -- found out I was an atheist.

Seeing the question as more of an accusatory statement and a segue into a religious argument, I decided to reply with a sound scientific answer: "Well, when you die, all the chemicals that make up your body are absorbed into the ground, blown into the atmosphere or biologically recycled. Ultimately, all of your body's elements stay here on Earth. And then, in around 4-5 billion years, the sun will swallow the Earth and your elements will be absorbed by our nearest star."

Silence.

I am an atheist so this really appealed to me sense of humour. :D

http://news.discover...eft-120419.html