• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

650 Billion Stars

wolfman_55

I took this image with my TS-65 scope and QHY8L camera. I reckon there's at least 13 galaxies in the frame, probably a few more. If an average galaxy has 50 billion stars, that means there's at least 650 billion stars in this image. Makes you feel kind of small:

http://astrob.in/330506/B/

Hope you like it.

Dave

• Like 4

Its a nice image Dave.

Do you have a Flickr account you could use and copy / paste them on here ?

The astrobin link shows quite a small image.

Edited by Bino-viewer

Lovely image with superb detail. :thumbsup:

For me, the Astrobin link allows much greater unpixellated zooming than the pic in the post above. If you double click the Astrobin image it allows very deep zooming Rob. :)

1 hour ago, Tweedledee said:

Lovely image with superb detail. :thumbsup:

For me, the Astrobin link allows much greater unpixellated zooming than the pic in the post above. If you double click the Astrobin image it allows very deep zooming Rob. :)

Ditto about the Astrobin link...

A great image! It shows loads of galaxies! It does make you think just how much space and stars are out there!

Great stuff ?

• Thanks 1

Arr yes, sorry. You are right.

I'm not the brightest at times.....:blush:

Still a lovely image either way :good3:

8 hours ago, Stephen said:

That is a very nice image and detail Dave

Thanks Stephen, I'm suddenly quite enthused about galaxy fields. Next reasonably moonless night, I'm going to use Stellarium to find a really rich area for galaxies and give it a go. See how many and how faint I can go. Can't wait.

Dave

18 minutes ago, wolfman_55 said:

Thanks Stephen, I'm suddenly quite enthused about galaxy fields. Next reasonably moonless night, I'm going to use Stellarium to find a really rich area for galaxies and give it a go. See how many and how faint I can go. Can't wait.

Dave

Great idea. :thumbsup:

Looking forward to seeing your results.