• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Kelling Spring 2012

glider

I've just got back from Kelling after a superb weekend with Kim and Di, I was bunked in their caravan awning.

For those that watch Top Gear you will be aware that the track corners on their circuit are named after memorable events and people.

I therefore give you 'Kim Corner'. This is a sweeping low speed left hander onto the red field, about half way down the main straight. Unfortunately, having managed to stagger throught the first dozen saplings KIm rolled it at the last 3 and span out at about 1am this morning. I leave it up to you to imagine how much alcohol was involved.

DSC00047-4.jpg

DSC00048-4.jpg

DSC00046-3.jpg

DSC00044-6.jpg

DSC00039-5.jpg

DSC00053-4.jpg

DSC00043-6.jpg

DSC00040-6.jpg

PMSL :)

Looks like you had rubbish weather. I'm sure you made up for it in other ways?

really sorry i missed it, although the weather may have been poor, i wish i`d been there

The ice is meant to go in the drink not on the floor Noel :lol:

Oh I do miss staggering about in the dark, so much fun at a star party. Glad you had a good weekend guys.

Weather during the day was carp but who cares, the bar was open. Last night we had a couple of hours clear over the space of the night. Saw M51, 81, 82, 13, 92 through CGolders Dob so happy. Also lots of shooting stars.

Looks like you had a blast, shame the weather wasn't better.

Is that one of the trade tents, or Kim's collection? :D

I recall a phone call between Rob and Noel on friday night during our CC meet and Noel said it was clear at Kelling, I thought he was telling porkies.

Total misrepresentation of my drinking habits but utterly hilarious lol :)

I actually sustained a bruised side of the chest from one of the skates, a totally soaked bum from the sodden field, and the gross humiliation of a dozen red lights on me and the same number of chaps exclaiming "who is it", "oh it's Kim", and "how much have you had to drink". The joys of star parties lol :)