• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Astronomy Magazines.

I have been and purchased Astronomy Now, and Sky at Night.

Both have something to celebrate.

Sky at Night, their 55th year of broadcasting with Sir Patrick Moore at the helm.

Astronomy Now, 25 years of being published, and a new cover design.

They both celebrated the same way by increasing the cost of the magazine by 25p.

lol, i heard a politician actually saying the man in the street is enjoying these times and having no money at the moment because at least they know where they are !! as for the mags in not liking the new AS now cover it looks like something from the 80s

I don't really mind the logo, but at least the content is good. If things get much more expensive I think I will drop S@n, I don't bother with the disc, and there is less that interests me in it.

I know it's the cost's of print and transport that have gone up, just the times I suppose.

I could also get a deal with the subscription, but I like to keep my paper shop going, as once he's gone, it's just the supermarkets.

Guest singelspeedman

I buy sky at night but am trying to find a magazine that publishes on ipad as I have moved all my other subscriptions to digital format. Better content and a lot easier to store the back issues :)

Guest singelspeedman

Sky & Telescope do a digital version as far as I can tell.

excellent - thanks. It was never showing in search results without the word magazine. Got it now and downloading first issue. My newsagent will not be happy.

Sky & Telescope do a digital version as far as I can tell.

excellent - thanks. It was never showing in search results without the word magazine. Got it now and downloading first issue. My newsagent will not be happy.

I just checked and I'm also a happy boy! :D

I'm going to cancel my S@N subscription. There is not a lot that's useful between it's pages that I can't get online. I do like Astronomy now though

I'm going to carry on getting both mags, I bind them every year a have a shelf where they live, it looks very smart.

Guest Fluke

$30 for the download only version of S&T sounds like great value for money.

I suppose they want to charge for international shipping on the 'free' gifts though?

Guest singelspeedman

all a free gift is to me is just something that nobody else ever wanted. I already have a box full of stuff from the pre ipad days of my fishing magazines so can live without the same for the astro stuff. I think that, as stuff switches to digital download, we are going to see the free stuff being apps and the like that everyone can download.

Guest Fluke

Subscribed now :)

You download the S&T free gifts and print them out yourself.

Quite nice and useful freebies this actually (yeah I was surprised too lol!).

A4 double sided Messier & Caldwell cards, laminated already and ready for use!

Guest Fluke

Oh and the magazine is great too!

Just been reading the history behind the Venus transits and how they were used (fairly unsuccessfully) to accurately determine the distance between the sun and the earth - what we have come to know as 1 AU or Astronomical unit.