• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Hello Everyone!

AdamSommerfield

Hi all,

My name is Adam, I work at Experian with Darren Morgan although have only tonight discovered his love of star gazing!  I was given a Celestron Astromaster 130 telescope for Xmas 2016, thus far I have struggled to use it and unusually YouTube has provided nothing of any use.

Despite my lack of proficiency with the telescope I've had a long love of space and the stars.  I was lucky enough to grow up right next to Sherwood Observatory and one of my earliest memories is heading there to try and catch a glimpse of Haleys Comet!

I think if I could get involved in some annual events this might help me structure my use of the telescope.

Thanks

Adam

PS my telescope is ..... https://www.celestron.com/products/astromaster-130eq-telescope

Eah up matey, Daz here.

Like I said on Facebook, pop your scope along to work or wait until we have a monthly meet (just down the road from work at Wymeswold), last Saturday of the month normally and we can get you up and running.

This will be the 2nd 130 we have sorted in the last week- lol.

Edited by Daz Type-R

Hi Adam and welcome to EMS. :)

No need to wait for annual events - pop along to one of our monthly meetings, or any ad hoc meeting, and we'll get you going with your scope in no time. Meantime enjoy the forum!

Hi Adam, a warm welcome to the forum.

It won't take long to get the hang of your scope, you'll be up and running in no time. A great scope that will show you a lot of great objects.

I look forward to bumping into you sometime soon. As mentioned you are very welcome to any meets.

Hi Adam, so sorry you have to work with Daz:ph34r: but we all have our crosses to bear!!!

Feel free to ask any questions you may have in the relevant threads. As above feel free to pop along to one of our meets and we'll get you sorted.

I had the skywatcher version of your scope for a couple of years, you'll be suprised just how much you can see with it. 

Ad Astra

Edited by tuckstar

3 hours ago, tuckstar said:

Hi Adam, so sorry you have to work with Daz:ph34r: but we all have our crosses to bear!!!

Cheeky bu&@er !!!!!

:P

Hi Adam

Dont know how you put up with Daz, but if you have that much patience star gazing will be easy for you :rofl: 

24 minutes ago, Sheila said:

Hi Adam

Dont know how you put up with Daz, but if you have that much patience star gazing will be easy for you :rofl: 

Right, that's it, gonna have to start stamping down on this sort of nonsense!!!!

:D :lol::bat:

On 2/6/2018 at 22:06, Doc said:

Hi Adam welcome to EMS :thumbsup:

Thanks!  Looking forward to it.  :D

On 2/7/2018 at 12:01, Stephen said:

Hi Adam a warm welcome to the EMS

Cheers!  Hopefully i'll get some use out of my telescope now.  :D

On 2/7/2018 at 07:07, tuckstar said:

Feel free to ask any questions you may have in the relevant threads. As above feel free to pop along to one of our meets and we'll get you sorted.

I had the skywatcher version of your scope for a couple of years, you'll be suprised just how much you can see with it. 

Ad Astra

Yes, thanks, I will !  I may bring along another colleague as well (Andy) as he's doing battle with his telescope in the same way I am with mine!  A montly meetup would be excellent.  :)  (Y)

On 2/6/2018 at 21:29, Daz Type-R said:

Eah up matey, Daz here.

Like I said on Facebook, pop your scope along to work or wait until we have a monthly meet (just down the road from work at Wymeswold), last Saturday of the month normally and we can get you up and running.

Thanks mate!  Also Andy Page is interested, his telescope is giving him the same strife that mine is!  My 130 looks good, i'm looking forward to getting it working properly.

I'll try and catch you at work, i'm thinking about coming along to the Feb meetup if it falls outside of anything the Wife and Kids have planned for me!

On 2/6/2018 at 21:29, Daz Type-R said:

Eah up matey, Daz here.

The last Saturday this month falls on the 24th - we're at work (dayshift) however what time is the meetup?