• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

fitting sw autofocuser to 200pds

Bottletopburly

Changed the sw autofocuser from 200p to the 200pds ,bit of messing about needed due to a grub screw being hidden but this is overcome by a spacer on bracket ,all seems to work just need to trim screws to length ,oh and the ota  does needs flocking so strip down job required and a trip to wilkinsons to get the flocking .

IMG_0277.JPG

• Like 2

200pds striped down , flocked , blackened edges of secondary , reassembled - re collimated got a headache re aligning sometimes you can stare down a drawtube to long , then you doubt yourself it’s looking right , will double check later , I think it’s looking spot on ?

2 minutes ago, BAZ said:

Blimey, you didn't hang about with that project. Nice one Dave.

yes i have a back log to get through ,so tonight recheck the 200pds ,and maybe take the telrad base off the 200p that needs fitting to the mak ,130pds  & 200pds already have a telrad base fitted (need to squeeze it all in as i need to back up the SSD on sons pc this week  as i need to order his new pc  and send the SSD  to the company that will build his new unit ) oh and i have incoming 130pds part coming soon so then that needs sorting :D