• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Parallelogram Binocular Mount - SOLD

Brady

Hi all, after much thought ive decided to move on my binocular mount to claw back some much needed upgrade funds, it was a DIY project made form stainless and aluminium materials used for the heavier binos, mine are the Celestron Skymaster 25x70, it is designed to fit the EQ6 tripod also using one of the counterweights as balance, these are not included in the sale, the whole unit runs on bearings for a smooth operation, im sure it will fit other mounts but can measure the round plate for you check against yours...all the nut and bolts have been capped since these image were taken, due to size it is collection only unfortunately unless you arrange a courier but it is over a meter in length..im looking for £70 to cover the materials used in the project, open to offers, time and labour is free ?

Thanks

SIEb9gX.jpgLTztas4.jpg

WaM0kJW.jpg

w5bnL8C.jpg

Edited by Daz Type-R
  • Like 1

Hi Wayne - what's the max size (and weight) bins it will take? And would larger bins require a new "L" bracket? (or just a new hole drilling maybe). My bins are 25x100's....

Alright Kim, weight wise i cant see any problems holding them bins, if anything another weight may be needed the same as a scope/mount for balance, i see what you mean with the L bracket though and looking at the 3rd pic that thread has been reduced down and you can just see the side of my binos so a fair bit to play with before any more drilling is required, if you can get me a measurement of your bins i can sure as hell check for you? ?

The 25x100's weigh in at 10 lbs - at the objective end they're 10" wide and 7" at the diopter end. Around the middle they're roughly 8.5" to 9" where they are fitted with an M6 bolt to attach to a mount.

Does the "L" bracket swivel back and forth? I guess the bolt fixing the "L" bracket on could be shortened if extra width was necessary....

What's the full length and weight of the parallelogram please? And what area in Derby (roughly) are you? I'd like to pop over and check it out - and maybe make an offer ?

If you PM me your number I'll call and arrange something with you.

From the hole drilled in the L bracket to the nut is 5 3/4" so even at your widest point there is still room without having the need to re-drill, i can get the length down to 1350mm if i remove the L bracket and the counterweight tube, fully built up is around 1900mm, as for weight kim i dont have anything to sort that out as yet...The L bracket pivots left to right, up and down, the smoothness is adjusted with Nyloc nuts, i live north of Derby, Ripley DE53T, 5 mins off J28 M1....PM on the way

• tuckstar locked this topic