• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

venus transit

cosmic dave

Looks like the lincs crew will be meeting by the beach to get a good view of the venus transit in June, You are all welcome to join us.

I might take you up on that offer Dave, an event that we shouldn't miss

Guest Fluke

I ain't paying £40 for a free wonder of the universe lol, no matter how good the breakfast is!

See you at the beach Dave :)

Are there any plans to make it a night time thru to early morning session? I'm considering a late night early morning somewhere, this could fit the bill nicely.

I'm planning on a 2am start but could change if anyone is there earlier.

Guest Fluke
Are there any plans to make it a night time thru to early morning session? I'm considering a late night early morning somewhere, this could fit the bill nicely.

If the weather's looking promising I'd be up for that.

I was thinking of taking a BBQ for the bacon sarnies.

bacon sarnies, count me in,

on a serious note i think this could be a great chance for a meet and view, maybe image a great event. fingers crossed on the weather.

were you thinking of camping somewhere overnight ?

Im not Rob because I only live 5 mins up the road, I have been to Huttoft car terrace this morning with a compass, East ,North East horizon is out to sea, to clear. Its a great venue to view this event. totally unobstructed views from sunrise !!! ;)

Sounds like a meet could be on the cards, im going to book the 6th off work to get some zzzzzzz afterwards

Guest Fluke

bacon sarnies, count me in,

on a serious note i think this could be a great chance for a meet and view, maybe image a great event. fingers crossed on the weather.

were you thinking of camping somewhere overnight ?

Hi Rob, I'm thinking camping, B&B, or sleep overnite in the car.

if you can find a cheapish b&b i`d be up for that also, luxury, any you know of in the area at all Dave ? better than a tent.

or have you got a big garden Dave ? L.O.L.

if you can find a cheapish b&b i`d be up for that also, luxury, any you know of in the area at all Dave ? better than a tent.

or have you got a big garden Dave ? L.O.L.

Only got a little back garden, I do know a cheap nice B and B in skeg ???

I'm on good talking terms with the chap that runs Cottage Farm Camp Site on Orby Lane. He's a good customer of mine, maybe I could have a word?

I'm on good talking terms with the chap that runs Cottage Farm Camp Site on Orby Lane. He's a good customer of mine, maybe I could have a word?

Can't hurt to ask? I'm up for this too.

I think I might well come over for this one, did someone say bacon butties?

Guest Fluke

Sounds like there is going to be a few of us :)

Anymore news on that camp site as sleeping in the car is the last resort for me?

Sorry, I've been busy and forgot all about it, I'll try and sort it tomorrow, failing that I should see him on Saturday anyway.

I will bring the bbq along.

Don`t forget a few tinnies too Dave. :D;)

Right then.....

Just spoken to Mark at Cottage Farm Camp Site. With the Tuesday 5th June being the Queens Jubilee Extra Bnak Holiday he can't really offer a discount. However, he does say he has plenty of room for tents without power hook up @ £15 per unit per night. If you need power or require space for a caravan he will need to know sooner rather than later so he can allocate you a space. (I forgot to ask about price for that but he didn't say it was more...)

The site is on Orby Lane PE24 4TR and has a bar, showers etc etc...

Phone number is: 01754 872598 if you ask for Mark and tell him Mike at EDS Motorsport put you on to him it might help, and if we get enough interest he might be more willing to help out in the future maybe? <<<< Just a thought? If he know's where we all heard and hence the reason for going, he'll know how much business we are putting his way if you follow me? ;)

Anyway, that's all I found out. It's a friendly place and family run. The owner is Mark Simpson who is a good friend of mine and current f2 stockcar world champion, so for me that makes it perfect :lol:

Guest Fluke

Good work Mike. Are you going to be staying here then?

Anyone got a tent I can share for the night? :)Will split the pitch costs with you!

Edited by Fluke

I hadn't realised that the Tuesday was a bank holiday, I might be working, so might end up arriving very late, just in time though lol

Edit: Looking at it, I will be working in either Taunton or Stoke on Trent, Both of which I should be done by 5ish, so might be there as early as 10pm lol

Edited by Perkil8r

Guest Fluke

Whos still going?

I've booked the Tues & Weds off and have my pass off of the wife lol

Anyone else plan on staying at the camp site Mike's suggested?

3 weeks to go so time to firm up some plans!