• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Hello from Scotland

Teslar

Hope you don't mind the invasion I'm a big fan of the Shed and thought I'd pop on to say Hi

Cheers

Tom

Hello and welcome!

I am up in Scotland in 3 weeks for my holiday, staying near Loch Lomond.

Thanks guys

Craig. Good luck with the weather. I had a week in Callander last month mostly good weather but snow on the tops stopped some hill walking. Was staying at lochend log cabins at lake of mentieth. A great dark site with amazing views of Ben lomond in the distance at the end of the lake (yes we have a lake in Scotland) got talking to the owners and they are going to put in some facilities for skywatchers :-)

Here's a photo

569ad63e-48e0-f680.jpg

Edited by Teslar

Hi Tom and welcome to EMS.

Looks like you have some cracking views up there!

I have family up in Elgin, I know how dark the skies can get up there.

Enjoy the forum!

Hi Tom and welcome on board EMS :)

We stayed in Spean Bridge a couple of years ago - couldn't believe the skies - could see the Milky Way so easily and there were so many stars we couldn't make out the main constellations. :)

Funny that I grew up seeing the milky way all the time. I found it odd when people say they can't see it. Have to say its changed a bit even here. Damn street lights they put as much light into the sky as they put on the road. They should be banned like 100watt bulbs were

Hi Tom, a warm welcome to EMS.

We stayed near Fort William a few years ago, and I got sun burnt up Anoch Mor. Beautiful country.

Enjoy the forum.

That image is gorgeous. I'll have to look at visiting there.

Guest Tweedledum

Hi Tom,

welcome to EMS. My annual haunt is Strathconon!! Love the skies and the isolation, 17 miles down a track off a road!

Slange.

• 5 weeks later...