• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

New scientist

catman161

There's a nice article in this weeks (5th May) new scientist in potential life on Titan. Interesting read :)

In fact the more I'm reading the more astro related stories I find! Definitely worth a scan if you've got the time. I am currently in the back seat of a car (I'm not a good passenger, I prefer to drive) on the way to Huddersfield with the mrs and in laws :(. Have snuck the 15x70s into the boot for later ha ha ha!

Edited by catman161

Guest Steve

Got the Mrs to get me a year's Zinio subscription to New Scientist for Christmas. Come's once a week to my Android tablet, which is brill. The only problem is keeping up with them - I'm always a week behind!

I thumb them each week during the weekly shop and if (from a quick scan) I am interested in more than 50% of the reports I will buy it :). This week is particularly good. I very much enjoyed the article on medicines derived from venom. I think mainly because I work in medicines research :)

Guest Steve

Scientific American be really good as they go into depth - but not always on something interesting!

I was always tempted by this mag but the subscription cost is a bit on the yucky side!

Perhaps I will just bite the bullet...

Is maybe worth doing what I do craig and just thumb through the issues on a weekly basis whilst doing the food shop? A sometimes there are issues that aren't worth buying. That's why I don't subscribe.

Guest Steve

I'd say go for it - there is always something interesting happening in the world of science!!