• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Selling some gear....... - SOLD

Bino-viewer

Hi all,

Due to me having way too much gear sitting around idle,

and also due me having heavy work and family commitments,

I've decided to sell some of my gear.

I must admit i've also lost my astronomy mojo a bit ; my home is plagued by bad (very bad)

light pollution, the planets always seem to hug the southern horizon, which i can't see due to trees

and houses, i'm not doing anywhere near enough observing to warrant having so much kit, which takes up valuable space in the garage.

I'm not leaving the hobby, i still love it, but going forward, from a visual perspective, i've decided to keep to 

a maximum of 2 scopes : a refractor & reflector. (3 if you count my little 70mm imaging / guide scope)

I do have aspirations to get into imaging more as well. My eyes aren't what they once were, and while the images i've taken are basic,  i enjoy it , but find it a steep learning curve

I've already sold 2 scopes, and have these items ready to sell.

Celestron 9.25 SCT (Fastar model, XLT coatings, CGE & CG5 rails, Feathertouch focuser upgrade, Baader clicklock, Padded Artesky carry bag.

Tele-vue 31mm Nagler type 5,  2" eyepiece  (i don't use this anymore : i now binoview 100% of the time.

Tele-vue Paracorr type 2 coma corrector. This is virtually brand new, hardly been used.

Giro Ercole 'mini' alt-az mount.  With Berlebach Vixen type saddle and 15cm bar with 3Kg stainless steel counterweight.

Artesky padded carry bag. 100cm / 18cm / 18cm  Suitable for carrying 5 - 6" class refractors if you want to leave your bulky scope case at home. New and unused.

Further down the line, i'll be selling these items as well. Probably towards the end of the year.

William Optics FLT132 mm refractor (2008 model) With case, 2" Diagonal, FLT Field flattener. It has the awesome Feathertouch FT3545 focuser fitted as an upgrade. Probably the worlds best focuser.

Discmounts DM6 alt-az mount, with fitted encoders, Astro devices Nexus DSC 'push to' computer. I'm not 100% sure about selling this yet, but probably will.

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN ANY OF THE ABOVE ITEMS DROP ME A PM AND WE CAN DISCUSS.

INSPECTION WELCOME IF YOU WANT TO POP OVER.

AFTER A FEW DAYS I WILL ADVERTISE THESE ITEMS ON UKAB/S.

(THE PARACORR IS ALSO LISTED FOR SALE ON SGL.)

Regards to all ?

Edited by Daz Type-R

34 minutes ago, Bino-viewer said:

Hi all,

Due to me having way too much gear sitting around idle,

and also due me having heavy work and family commitments,

I've decided to sell some of my gear.

I must admit i've also lost my astronomy mojo a bit ; my home is plagued by bad (very bad)

light pollution, the planets always seem to hug the southern horizon, which i can't see due to trees

and houses, 

I'm not leaving the hobby, 

That's come as a surprise Rob. But, life and circumstances do have a habit of getting in the way. Anyway, glad you're not giving it up altogether, just prioritising. ??

Will PM you to show interest in a couple of items, but probably will have insufficient funds at the moment, due to other planned purchases.

• Like 1

Thanks guys.

I really have a little too much stuff.

Selling it will give me a good chunk of money to put towards my 'retirement scope' ......

Hi

Im sure i was after buying your 31mm Nagler only a month ago?

Regards Paul

Yes, sentimentality at the time persuaded me to keep it.

The reality is, i've not used it for over a year, and its not suitable with my VX12

I'll be keeping that, and have no future plans for a larger Dodsonian

So it makes sense to sell the N31 but i do so with a heavy heart ?

So, why not sell it and buy an E21 or E17 instead ?

Because even they fall short of the 2 eyed view through my Newt binoviewer and 24mm pair.

Thats just my opinion though as a dedicated 2 eyed observer.

I will not be taking 'offers' for the N31 on here, but will advertise it at a fixed price on UKAB/S.

I can't believe they are priced at £625 new. To me that really is insane, no matter how good the views may be.

Totally understand why you are selling Rob, been there many times.

Good luck with the sales Rob I hope you get loads of money towards your retirement scope.

• Thanks 1

Thanks Mick.

I've been guilty, certainly with gear, by buying stuff i don't really need.

Not just new stuff, but second hand too. 

I just seem to buy telescopes willy nilly at times.

A lot of it though is nice gear, and hopefully i'll get a decent return by selling some of it off.

Its not about me packing in, just 'streamlining' and only having what i need as i approach retirement.

My plans are to keep my current 12" F4 for the foreseeable, and certainly keep to a 1200mm focal length.

Its a cracking scope and continues to impress. It has the aperture to play ball,

its not too big for me to lug about, it will go across the back seats, and i'm really enjoying using it,

and theres plenty of mods i can do to improve its performance.

Then there is the refractor.

My current 132mm is now 10+ years old.

I may have a buyer for it, and i plan to put everything i get from these sales

towards the scope i had my heart set on from right back when i started the hobby 15 years ago.

Thats for a future thread though.....

• Like 3

All the best with your sales .

Please keep us informed as to when you are putting it up for sale on ABS.

And look forward to hearing what your replacement scope will be.

Paul

The refractor carry bag            SOLD  

Tv 31mm                               SOLD                   

Tele-Optic mini mount             SOLD  

(Meade 6" ACF SCT & WO FLT 98 refractor already SOLD  earlier this month)

C9.25  OTA package                FOR SALE -  PRICE NEGOTIABLE

Tv Paracorr Type 2                  FOR SALE -  PRICE £325        *also listed on SGL & UKABS*

• 2 weeks later...

Televue Paracorr now SOLD

The C9.25 is now withdrawn from sale.

Mods / Admin, please would you archive this ad. Thanks.