• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

M42 - 2" Sct Adapter

Guest Tweedledum

Guest Tweedledum

Graham from Astrotec amde me this neat little adapter, M42female to 2"sct, as it is a sleeve I can pair down and get the diagonal onto the optical path. Converting old 110mm Russian Mak lens built like a tabk into a useful scope!!.

Thanks Graham.

Cheers

So that is what your were scheming.

Looking good there Damian.

Be interesting to see how it works out.

Hi Damian,

That looks great.

I presume you have checked that there is enough back focus to use the diagonal. Just looks like the focal plane needs to be a long way out.

You'll be wanting to try it with the eyepieces I borrowed.

Cheers.

Guest Tweedledum

Hi Pete,

Need to shorten slighty to bring the focal plane forward. Graham has blackened & completely threaded the exterior so it fits just like a sleeve, clever chap. The nose on the meade diag is long too but has the 1.25" converter so if the moon pokes out from bhind a cloud I'll give it a go..

Cheers

Marvellous, hope to have a look through your new 110 Mak sometime. 2" eps would show vignetting, I bet the secondary spot is only about 1" diameter. Should give some great views zooming through with your 8-24mm Seben.

It will make a really nice compact grab n go, despite having a density approaching that of a neutron star ;)

What is the focal length?

Guest Tweedledum

Hi Pete,

1100 so f10, it does have its own secondary moon system as the gravitational pull is immense! :D . Also have a T-ring for the Olympus dslr, so now its worth a go!!

Cheers

Lol. Don't even think about putting a 2" ep anywhere near it. The extra mass might cause the hole thing to implode taking the conservatory with it :)

At best your Moonfish might disintegrate forming a ring system around the mak!