• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

International Astronomy Show 2018

Bino-viewer

Hi folks,

This years show will return to Stoneleigh Park, Warwickshire on Friday 12 and Saturday 13 October.

Online ticket entry is £8 with a choice of upto 5 lectures per day at £6 each extra

You can also pay on the day for 50p extra for both entry and talks.

Check out the website below.....

https://www.ukastroshow.com

This year, i can't make the Friday and am busy early on the Saturday morning, so i will be taking a drive down from Derby 

leaving at approximately 11:15 Saturday morning, aiming to arrive 12:00 - 12:30. The show is open till 17:00

I am seeing the final 2 talks of the day, which concludes with the one and only Allan Chapman. He's not to be missed !

If anyone is interested in joining me for the afternoon, i'd be happy to run you down from my place in Derby.

Its a good show, with a lot of venders, (many more than at Astrofest in London), and the venue is better, and its less crowded.

The talks are good too. I've seen the likes of Pete Lawrence, Damian Peach, Allan Chapman, and Lucie Green lecturing before.

Hope to see some of you there maybe....?

• Like 3

Amazing that it is that time of year again. Doesn't seem 5 minutes since I was there last year! I managed Astrofest in Kensington as well earlier this year.

Have just put the dates in my diary, so hope to see you there again Rob. ?

• Like 1

I don't really have anything on the shopping list (yet) this year.

I just enjoy having a mooch round and looking at all the telescopes.

In the past, if the weathers been good, they have set up the Solar scopes outside

I remember about 5 years ago, looking through about half a dozen different solar scopes.

Interesting, but none of them really impressed me visually.

Certainly not enough for me to part with £2-3K ?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tweedledee said:

Amazing that it is that time of year again. Doesn't seem 5 minutes since I was there last year! I managed Astrofest in Kensington as well earlier this year.

Have just put the dates in my diary, so hope to see you there again Rob. ?

Hopefully Pete !

The coffee is on me this year....! ?

24 minutes ago, Bino-viewer said:

I don't really have anything on the shopping list (yet) this year.

I just enjoy having a mooch round and looking at all the telescopes.

In the past, if the weathers been good, they have set up the Solar scopes outside

I remember about 5 years ago, looking through about half a dozen different solar scopes.

Interesting, but none of them really impressed me visually.

Certainly not enough for me to part with £2-3K ?

Likewise, I just love to be around astro gear even if I don't buy anything. Always hoping for that new innovative gadget that I've never seen before. I'll know a bargain if it presents itself, and if it ticks my boxes I would probably part with a fair wad to get it, after a bit of haggling. ?

I'd certainly be interested in looking through the solar gear, but I'd begrudge spending a lot of money on looking at just the one object. I have full aperture solar filters for my refractors which didn't cost much, and that is probably about as far as I will ever go with solar.

Unfortunately will be at sgl star party so won’t see all the good stuff. Will save me some money ?

• 1 month later...

So..........in typical fashion, my plans for going to the IAS on SATURDAY have been scuppered.

Gutted to have to miss Allan Chapman ?

BUT......i've managed to sort a few things out, and will be there on the Friday instead.

If anyone wants to join me and meet me at home, i'll be happy to carshare.

Planning on leaving home at about 10 on the Fri morning.

Hope to see some of you there !!

Cheers Rob.