• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

CCD swop!

RonC

I'm not getting on very well with the Starlight Express SXV-H9 and thought of selling but, an SGL member has asked if I want to swap cams for a season (Winter).

I'm posting my Starlight Express SXV-H9 to him and he's posting his QHY 8  to me this week in time for Kelling.

We have agreed that if we like the cams we will do a permanent swap next Spring, if either one of us does not want to swap then we will return the cams then.

But there is no pressure on either of us if we don't want to...

It seems a way of testing the water, I want to try OSC he wants to try mono so we'll see how it goes and keep you posted.

Cheers

Ron

• Like 1

Great camera the qhy 8.

The processing can be a little tricky to start with I hear. 

Be interesting to see how you get on with it Ron.

much the same as a canon camera but with cooling, nice big chip, i looked at one once but thought mono would give me more options

You will be losing out on the ha capability Ron.

i don't know what your LP is like but colour is not great if you have a lot .

My mate in Sheffield has one and really struggles with it.

My advice is free and worth every penny but i would advise you to stick with the mono.

Well now it's plan B!

Having both found out today what the postal costs are with insurance we talked on the phone and cancelled the swap !!

Mine was nearly £15 and his £20+  so we decided not to swap, so Steve no problem with Ha now! Just RGB etc..

Cheers

Ron

(PS I did have second thoughts yesterday when I read a piece by Olly about the virtues of mono v ocs on SGL)