• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

NGC7000

Alec

15 minutes ago, Graham said:

For just 10 mins that is amazing.

You must be well pleased with the mod.

The mod was well worth the money. One thing though how to bring out the other colours mainly stars. Is it just more data needed ?

It depends what mod you have had done.

The normal mod makes the camera much more sensitive to infer red which is what you have in your image.

1 hour ago, Smithysteve said:

Very nice Alec! ? amazing what you have in just 10mins!

The mod was worth it ?

Yes just got 3 x 180 seconds exposures at ISO 800 that I could use, didn't bother with darks and flats. Did attempt a bit more but clouds kept pinging PH2 out every 20 seconds.  

16 minutes ago, BAZ said:

That turned out great. Do you put the diffraction spikes on in the software?

I’ve found a way to integrate adobe plugins to Affinity Photo so am using the Astro Tools plugins. Think by default the option enhance stars is adding the diffraction spikes. I know some are against software enhancements in this area but to me it adds a nice touch.

1 hour ago, Derbyshire Dave said:

Stunning for the time. You must be chuffed!

Very much so look forward to gathering some data on this 

25 minutes ago, Alec said:

. Think by default the option enhance stars is adding the diffraction spikes. I know some are against software enhancements in this area but to me it adds a nice touch.

See, you are half way to a mighty Dob. They look good, like you say they are a Marmite subject among the imaging community.