• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Returning to the Site - Hi!!

Nigeyboy

Hi all,

Yeah - been quite a few months since I was last on the site. Just as I was getting things back on track with my astronomy, I got made redundant! You can therefore imagine that this caused a re-prioritisation of things!!

Fast forward a bit, and I am now a year into my current job with Greene King Pub Co. as a Regional Systems Manager (Basically, I look after all the IT kit in around 550 pubs across the Midlands and North East of England). And, more importantly, I am getting back into my hobbies that took a back burner!

Last week for my 42nd Birthday, I got a pair of Celestron Skymaster 20 x 80 binoculars, and have managed a couple of nights observing from my back patio (the only place on my property that isn't flooded with LP!), and am really pleased with them. Certainly they aren't Fujinon's but I have found them very good, and its re-lit my passion for the night sky. The idea is, at Crimbo I will be getting a Skywatcher ST120 to go on my EQ3-2 that I already have.

I also want to get more involved with observing at the Dark sky sites advertised on this site - to be among like minded folk, that don't get bored with talking about scopes and space will be just what I need right now!

So - I will have look round the forums to get my bearings, sign up for the dark sky sites, and try and be a contributor as best I can on the site!

thanks all

Nige (Derby) 

• Like 3

Welcome back Nige, sorry to hear you lost your job, but sounds like you're back on track again now. Hope to see you at a darksite where we can all chat as much astro as we like?

Hi Nige and welcome back.

Redundancy is a real PITA but I am happy you appear to be back on track and getting yourself sorted.

Have a mooch about, get yourself familiar with EMS again and I hope to see you at a dark site soon.

Clear skies.

Hi again Nige, Glad you have got sorted out and feel better now you have a bit of stability. I look forward to seeing you sometime in the near future now the nights are getting darker again.

Thanks everyone!! Lovely to have such a warm welcome back!! I look forward to dropping in on one of the meets, meeting you guys and girls, and checking out your various scopes and what-not!

Cheers

Nige

• Like 2

Great to have you back Nigel. You need to get yourself up to the dark sites again. Your more welcome to have a look and play around with my scope.

And bring your binoculars, would be nice to look through those.

Hi Nigel. Welcome back, glad things are back on track for you. You will love seven_legs new dob, it's a beauty!

Thanks all - looking forward to it! My 10 year old son told me last night that he would like to come along as well - is that cool? He is very well behaved, and loves science, so I think it would be great to bring him as well.

A 16" Dob?!?! Wow! I imagine the views through that beast are stunning!!