• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

EMS 5 Star Party - 2019 - BOOKING THREAD

Daz Type-R

All,

The staff have managed to find the time to arrange another star party, as it has been a number of years since we last had one!!

See this link for past EMS star parties......

https://www.eastmidlandsstargazers.org.uk/forum/72-past-events/

The site we picked was of a medium size with 21 electric hook up pitches, that takes tents, caravans, camper vans and motor homes.

Due to the size of the site (21 pitches) and as one of the perks of dark site membership, we opened pitches up to the dark site members first.

I need to make the next statement clear, EMS used it's own funds to hire the entire EHU field, so you will be unable to book with the site during the dates listed below directly, if you wish to come, you need to book through us.

So over to the rest of you to get the chance to bag the last 2 remaining pitches.  Dates, location and information is below.........

EMS 5 Star party.

All,

We have now purchased the entire EHU field at Halse Farm using EMS funds.  We have done this so we could secure the entire field to reduce the chance of a random muggle being in the middle of us.

We have confirmed, booked and paid for the 25th - 26th October 2019 (2 nights) with the site.  The price is £18 per night, which includes EHU (Please note the EHU is 10 AMPs, NOT 16).  EMS requires paying for the 2 main nights by 24-25/10/2018 which will secure your booking and refunds will only be given for the first 14 days after purchase, after that, if you can no longer join us, please let a member of staff know as we may have a waiting list in which we can sell on your pitch for you.

This has initially only been opened up to current dark site members but may be opened up to regular members if numbers cannot be met.

Conditions of EMS 5 (there are hardly any).

• Children (under 18's) are NOT allowed, this is for their security as well as EMS's.
  • Dogs ARE allowed on site, if kept under control.

The list of names at the bottom of this post have shown an interest in attending.  If you still wish to come then we require you to initially purchase your 2 nights at a total of £36, while making your payments to EMS (methods below) we require you to provide the below information....

• How long are you attending EMS 5 for, just the main 2 nights or longer?
  • What will you be staying in, caravan, tent, motor home or camper van?
  • Will you be doing visual astronomy or astro photography?
  • Will you be sharing a pitch with somebody - To clarify, we mean 2 persons in 1 tent / caravan / camper van / motor home, not 2 tents (for example) per pitch.
  • We need your full name and your EMS user name.

Payment can be made via PayPal to [email protected] (this is the preferred method) or if any other method is required, then please PM Sheila directly. Please do friends and family so there are no charges.

If using PayPal, within the payments section is a facility to add notes to the payee, can you please add the above information into there.

Once we have the above information from all those who showed an interest in attending, we will publish a site map with pitch allocations, showing you which pitch you will be on.  This will be on a separate thread.

Once the pitch allocation plan has been published, you will be able to book additional days (if required).  To do this, you will need to contact the site (details below), stating you are with the EMS star party group, on pitch ?? and what nights you would like. Quoting East Midlands Stargazers is important, as we have arranged a discounted rate. Please inform EMS when you have done so and also let us know of any changes to your stay dates that you originally notified us of.

Can you also please take note of any extra charges that you may have to pay, especially around extra cars, extra people, awnings ETC....

Caravan/Motorvan,Tent, 1 car and up to 2 people with hook up per night ......

• With 10amp hookup    £18.00
  • Extra Adults    £7.50
  • Awning / Gazebo    £3.00
  • Each additional vehicle    £1.00

https://www.halsefarm.co.uk/index.php

Mrs Laetitia Brown

Halse Farm
Winsford, Exmoor, Somerset, TA24 7JL

Tel: 01643 851259

[email protected]

Thanks to all those who have shown an interest so far.

Daz Type-R               BOOKED                                                Thursday 24th - Monday (4 nights).

Sheila                       BOOKED                                                Thursday 24th for 1 week booked

EMS pitch                  BOOKED                                                Thursday 24th for 1 week booked

Baz                          BOOKED

Tuckstar                   BOOKED                                                Thursday to Monday 

Perkil8r                    BOOKED

Tweedledee              BOOKED.                                               Thursday to Sunday 

Ibbo                        BOOKED                                                  Thursday 24th 1 week booked

bryand                     BOOKED                                                  weds to tuesday

Doc                         BOOKED  (Sharing with Binoviewer)            Thursday to Sunday booked

Wetfeet                   BOOKED

DaveJW                    BOOKED (Sharing with sister)                  Friday to Sunday      

Streetbob.                BOOKED

Derbyshire Dave.       BOOKED                                                Thursday 24th for 1 week.

Alec                         BOOKED

newtyng5                 BOOKED

Stephen                   BOOKED                                                  Wednesday to Tuesday

seven_legs               BOOKED

Allan the Plumber      BOOKED

Cgolder.                    BOOKED

8472                         BOOKED

Total so far - 23 people over 21 pitches (DaveJW and Dave's sister are sharing and so are Doc and Binoviewer).

We are now full.

Regards,

Daz.

Edited by Daz Type-R
Bookings.

Hi daz, I'll take one if I can please, Tent, Astrophotography, just me, 1 Car, Colin Golder, would like to do Thursday to monday, EMS name CGolder. Be great to see you all twice next year :-)

Edited by cgolder
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, cgolder said:

Hi daz, I'll take one if I can please, Tent, Astrophotography, just me, 1 Car, Colin Golder, would like to do Thursday to monday, EMS name CGolder. Be great to see you all twice next year ?

Hi Colin,

Great stuff, certainly, your name is down, can you pay @Sheila please as soon as you can?

Cheers,

Daz.

OK everybody, that looks like we have completely filled the entire EHU field, so thank you very much.

The staff will now complete the pitch plan and issue it so that you can book any extra days that you wish.

There will be a new EMS 5 section created and all future information will be in there.

I will post a link in this thread once done.

Thanks once again.

• Like 2

We have now allocated all pitches for EMS 5. 

Below is everyone's pitch numbers and a pitch plan of the site.

Ems 5

D. EMS/Sheila

1. Sheila 

2. Available, see waiting list thread.

3. ibbo

4. Perkil8r

5. Stephen

6. Street bob

7. Doc + Binoviewer

8. Available

9. Daz Type-R

10. Seven_legs

11. Newtyng5

12. Available

13. DaveJW + Daves' sister 

14. free see waiting list thread

15. Alec

16. Tuckstar

17. Bryand

18. Derbyshire Dave

19. Cgolder

20. Available 

Please read the booking information in the opening post for details of how to book extra nights.

Please quote the number for your pitch and that you are booking for the EMS star party. We have already supplied the camp site with names for the pitches so, please, no swapping pitches.

When booking Please bear in mind it is a working farm and they may not always be able to answer the phone but you can try again later or leave a message. If you do leave a message please make sure you leave a clear phone number. They won't call back if they can't decifer the phone number!

Edited by Daz Type-R
Pitch availability

Booked from Thursday for 1 week ☺️

Dont leave it too long the rest of you otherwise you may find a muggle has already booked on there ?

Please post here when you have booked the extra nights and let us know what they are....   thanks

Hi Sheila,

I've just booked a couple of extra nights for EMS 5. All paid for.

They are the 24th and 27th October 2019 (Thursday and Sunday nights)

I'm on pitch number 7, sharing with Mick (Doc)

Thanks, Rob.

10 minutes ago, Bino-viewer said:

Hi Sheila,

I've just booked a couple of extra nights for EMS 5. All paid for.

They are the 24th and 27th October 2019 (Thursday and Sunday nights)

I'm on pitch number 7, sharing with Mick (Doc)

Thanks, Rob.

Great will mark on the booking details above 

Who has booked the 'play area' ? Or is that for if we decide to do some Shakespearean themed evenings, or monty python style light hearted re-enactments  of pearl harbour > in case it happens to be a tad cloudy.

On 02/11/2018 at 02:21, newtyng5 said:

Who has booked the 'play area' ? Or is that for if we decide to do some Shakespearean themed evenings, or monty python style light hearted re-enactments  of pearl harbour > in case it happens to be a tad cloudy.

No 'tad cloudy' = The Royal Oak.  Play area is for those who can't get to sleep.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a bump for this for folks who want to book extra nights. Dec and Jan are when folks decide to sort their next years breaks so you need to make sure you have the days you want before a muggle books in before you. ?  I note that some folks who indicated they wanted extra nights have not booked them yet 

I'm paid up for 4 nights, Thursday 24th through Sunday 27th. ?

Edited by Tweedledee

Booked in from Wednesday 23rd p.m. to Tuesday 29th a.m.

Laetitia wasn't expecting many other (muggle) bookings because at that time of year most people want a hookup, and we have booked them all.

3 hours ago, bryand said:

Booked in from Wednesday 23rd p.m. to Tuesday 29th a.m.

Laetitia wasn't expecting many other (muggle) bookings because at that time of year most people want a hookup, and we have booked them all.

knowing our luck some muggle will book 1 night right in the middle of the ones staying longer  ?  they will probably be lynched  LOL

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hii,

We're now booked in from Thursday 24th, leaving Thursday 32st October. Can't wait!!!

• 7 months later...

Hi

A pitch has become available at EMS 5, it is pitch number 2, if anyone is interested please pm me asap

Yep, as Sheila mentioned my pitch is now available, due to my double-booking incompetence.

I'll see some of you in Kelling instead.

Better late than never just booked my extra days.  Now doing 4 nights.

Just also spoken to the owners and I believe we are the only ones on site????