• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

First Man

Bottletopburly

Trip to the pictures yesterday to see the story of Neil Armstrong, good film Ryan Gosling plays Neil’s part well , quite a long film but worthy of a watch  not your usual action packed film ?  recommend  go see ?

1 hour ago, Allan the Plumber said:

sorry thought it was pants 

It’s one of those films not blockbuster material more of just story telling of Neil and the event leading to the moon landing ,worth missing xfactor  for I do know that .??

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bottletopburly said:

It’s one of those films not blockbuster material more of just story telling of Neil and the event leading to the moon landing ,worth missing xfactor  for I do know that .??

I'm a big Mercury, Gemini and Apollo fan and have had the fortune to visit KSC 4 times  (doing the Redstone) Pad 34 (Apollo 1/7) next year and i've seen the equipment used and it was never boilerplate knocked around as portrayed in the movie

Yes the story is about Neil Armstrong but I feel its a real injustice to him his wife and family the men and women of Nasa, done by a director who wasn't even born when Skylab was falling out of the sky.

It was always autumn and winter during the film (locations) it was bloody July when they flew to the moon) yes i know the director is trying to feed on the melanocny of Armstrong but please don't tarnish what was  achieved. Kids will look at this film as a true protrall of this amazing period in history 

Rant over (for now)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

While at MSAS open day last Saturday we attended a small lecture (Moon related)

and the speaker casually asked us if anyone didn't believe we had been to the moon,

and this guy (i guess he was mid 20's) next to me raised his hand.

I was so tempted to call him a (blank) but thought better of it........?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Bino-viewer said:

While at MSAS open day last Saturday we attended a small lecture (Moon related)

and the speaker casually asked us if anyone didn't believe we had been to the moon,

and this guy (i guess he was mid 20's) next to me raised his hand.

I was so tempted to call him a (blank) but thought better of it........?

I wouldn’t of held back and given him the Aldrin 1,2 on the way out ?

• Haha 2