• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Ray

Hi all. I am a keen astronomer in Nottingham looking to meet new people and discover so much more... I am looking forward to chatting and meeting you all. 

Hi Ray and welcome to EMS ?

Keep your eye on the "Events and Meetings" section in the Information board for upcoming meetings. Soon as you see a convenient one just turn up and a member of the staff team will tell you all you need to know about joining up and future meetings.

Edited by Brantuk

A warm welcome to the forum Ray.

As the above have said, keep your eye on the info and announcements section. Not only will the formal monthly meets be posted there, but ad hoc meets arranged by members will be put up there too. I think Bryan has one up at Belper for tonight.

Having seen your post on regarding your free visit, just turn up, it's no more complicated than that. That's to see if you like the idea of where the dark sites are and so on. Realistically, they are about as good as it gets within a reasonable drive of where most of us live.

I look forward to bumping into you sometime soon.

Belper dark site is at;

Tannenbaum Campsite,

Sand Hall lane, 

Alderwasley,

Belper,

Derbyshire,

DE56 2RD.

Wymeswold dark site is at;

Wymeswold Cricket Club.

Burton Lane Playing Fields,
Burton Lane,
Wymeswold,
LOUGHBOROUGH,
LE12 6UN

Hi Ray, welcome aboard. As Baz had said, just keep an eye on the event thread and pop along. Belper is the darker of our sites but we have better facilities at Wymeswold. If you like what you see and become a dark site member you can use the sites whenever you want.

Look forward to meeting you.

Ad astra

Hi Ray, welome to EMS

Do you have any scopes or binocs....?

What are your future plans ?

1 hour ago, Bino-viewer said:

Hi Ray, welome to EMS

Do you have any scopes or binocs....?

What are your future plans ?

Hi. Thanks for the welcome. I have 200p and a 90mm skymax and only 60mm bins.. Not really looking to change anything at the moment. Just want more opportunity to use them in good sky... 

• Like 1

You don't need anymore kit to start with Ray. A 200P will show you the whole Messier catalogue, all the planets, comets, etc. All you need to do now is learn the skies.

3 hours ago, Ray said:

Hi. Thanks for the welcome. I have 200p and a 90mm skymax and only 60mm bins.. Not really looking to change anything at the moment. Just want more opportunity to use them in good sky... 

Excellent. They should perform very well from one of our dark sites.