• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

DIY Autofocuser

Brady

Its been a while since i have posted anything to the forum with work and various projects...you know how it is but i have now finished my latest DIY job which is an Autofocuser that runs a Nema 17 27-1 stepper motor with the planetary gearbox and Arduino board...just in time for some winter imaging, the arduino has an add on motor shield that runs the stepper, in fact it can run two steppers, four DC motors and a servo motor at the same time if for whatever reason you feel the need to, all arduino libraries and build information comes from a guy Called Robert, lives in New Zealand i believe and he has brought together a wealth of information to build this project and save yourself some quids, its Ascom based or used independent as you see fit, as mine is in the obsy Ascom will do for me, his project is called MyFocuserPro2 and is available on sorceforge/youtube and various other places, worth a look if you have the time, MYFOCUSERPRO2 ,next step for me is to fit to the ED80 and run the trials hopefully at the weekend if all pans out...

Thanks

2l8VYrL.jpg

Edited by Brady
  • Like 3

Good job nothing like a bit of diy satisfaction ? there’s a nice project on https://www.cloudynights.com/topic/594658-pnp-focus-the-simplest-ever-arduino-focus-controller/

i was going to try making one but saw deepskydads focuser and took the easy option ?

Edited by Bottletopburly