• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Motorised focuser?

Tweedledee

Any advice on motor focusers would be welcome.

I'm erring towards Pavle's Astrodaddy motorised focuser for the ES ED80 CF triplet, but don't have a clue really ?

You could buy other branded models that do the same job for another £150 ? or you could make one for under £50 and have the satisfaction of having built one or buy pavles one that works with ascom , bear in mind he’s working on mk2 that can be optionally bought with a hand controller or used via tablet/phone , when it will be released I don’t know ?‍♂️ Or price not known , he has also made the box for mk1 smaller too so maybe worth asking if you get mk1 which variant you will get Pete , 

7 hours ago, Bottletopburly said:

You could buy other branded models that do the same job for another £150 ? or you could make one for under £50 and have the satisfaction of having built one or buy pavles one that works with ascom , bear in mind he’s working on mk2 that can be optionally bought with a hand controller or used via tablet/phone , when it will be released I don’t know ?‍♂️ Or price not known , he has also made the box for mk1 smaller too so maybe worth asking if you get mk1 which variant you will get Pete , 

Thanks David. Not into making one, too much time and effort which I'll need for learning how to use all this tackle. I'm happy to pay Pavle's prices and just bolt it on. Phone control could be handy. 

• Like 1

Highly recommend Pavle unit, works faultless for me through SGP, Maxlm DL 6. I'm in regular contact with him, so perhaps I can get a update on the latest version.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Alec said:

Highly recommend Pavle unit, works faultless for me through SGP, Maxlm DL 6. I'm in regular contact with him, so perhaps I can get a update on the latest version.

Thanks, that would be good if you could get an update. It seems there's more than just me on here who will be interested. ?

Latest news as follows :- Upgrade on the version 1 will include a more compact housing and printed PCB circuit. Prices will be the same. The new Autofocus 2 will have  a phone control (via wifi AP) Extra physical hand control via audio jack and a temperature probe via audio jack. The version 2 will probably not be ready until early 2019.  I may be able to test the new version before release, will post accordingly.

52 minutes ago, Alec said:

Latest news as follows :- Upgrade on the version 1 will include a more compact housing and printed PCB circuit. Prices will be the same. The new Autofocus 2 will have  a phone control (via wifi AP) Extra physical hand control via audio jack and a temperature probe via audio jack. The version 2 will probably not be ready until early 2019.  I may be able to test the new version before release, will post accordingly.

Thanks for that info. ?

I may not be ready till 2019. ?

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Tweedledee said:

Have been in touch with Pavle, and he's requested photos of the focuser on the 80mm apo. ?

Which version are you getting Pete , Pavle has now released the smaller autofocus unit or are you waiting for the mk2 version ? looks nice and compact  

Edited by Bottletopburly

5 hours ago, Bottletopburly said:

Which version are you getting Pete , Pavle has now released the smaller autofocus unit or are you waiting for the mk2 version ? looks nice and compact  

Not sure yet.

I have requested more details on what is available now, and the time scales for the upgraded version.

• Like 1

Just paid for mine from Pavle, after giving him loads of measurements so looking forward to it's arrival . I'll let you know how I get on and some photo's if I can.. 

Ron

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Mitt said:

I'm also interested in a motorised focuser for a 4" triplet. Any links to the Pavle one?

Mitt.

https://deepskydad.com/ny-offer highly recommend i have two fitted one on a 130pds and a 200pds used via APT @Alec also has one fitted on his refractor 

Edited by Bottletopburly