• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

UFO

Here's a recent one from Down Under:

https://www.ufosightingsdaily.com/2018/12/man-captures-ufo-on-camera-at.html

I don't believe in photos of UFOs, ghosts or aliens since digital photography. My uncle one made a model UFO out of cardboard. You could tell it was a fake. However, with modern digital processing I doubt whether it would be difficult to do a UFO. Over 50 years ago, my brother and I did some "ghost" photos. Apart from it obviously being us, they actually looked like ghosts.

I've used digital trickery for my blue moon hoax, fake Mars and did a negative of some sunspots appear as a galaxy cluster.

So if anyone actually DID capture a UFO, ghost, bigfoot, yeti, etc, etc, I would never believe them.

I'm with you Phil. ?

Though for years before the days of mobile phones with cameras, I used to carry a camera everywhere ready to snap my own UFO. I never saw one, and even after spending a very large amount of time under the stars over a lot of years, I never saw anything I couldn't explain.

But maybe it's like winning the lottery, it just never happens to me. ?

I’m sure there’s ufo footage out there but with modern editing you would never be able to be 100% it’s integrity and so many ready to debunk , but I’m sure there’s things that can’t be explained , many years ago my parents came out our house to walk to my uncles New Year’s Eve many years ago and before they had had a drink they saw an object in the sky cigar shaped stationary mum said it shot off like lightning speed she can’t explain what she saw , dad witnessed too , the next Sunday it was reported in news of the World my mum had drawn it in the back of a mills and boon book it matched  with the drawing in paper , ever since mums been open minded about ufos purely because she can’t explain what she witnessed, dad saw it too ? 

For all the doubters out there all I can say is you should have been with me over the 1980 Christmas.

Most exciting Christmas I will probably ever have in my lifetime.

I was living less than a mile from the back gate of USAF Woodbridge at the time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Graham said:

For all the doubters out there all I can say is you should have been with me over the 1980 Christmas.

Most exciting Christmas I will probably ever have in my lifetime.

I was living less than a mile from the back gate of USAF Woodbridge at the time.

Could make an interesting new thread. 

2 hours ago, Bottletopburly said:

I’m sure there’s ufo footage out there but with modern editing you would never be able to be 100% it’s integrity and so many ready to debunk , but I’m sure there’s things that can’t be explained , many years ago my parents came out our house to walk to my uncles New Year’s Eve many years ago and before they had had a drink they saw an object in the sky cigar shaped stationary mum said it shot off like lightning speed she can’t explain what she saw , dad witnessed too , the next Sunday it was reported in news of the World my mum had drawn it in the back of a mills and boon book it matched  with the drawing in paper , ever since mums been open minded about ufos purely because she can’t explain what she witnessed, dad saw it too ? 

I'm open-minded enough to think they could exist but, as you agree with me about modern editing, proof is a lot harder. I'm also sceptical about it being possible to travel the vast distances of interstellar space. Having said that, they could always be unalienated robotic probes.

24 minutes ago, Sunny Phil said:

sceptical about it being possible to travel the vast distances of interstellar space. Having said that, they could always be unalienated ro

Mans only bound by his knowledge ,there may be life forms more advanced than ours who knows ,our solar system is 4.6billion years old and the universe 13 billion ,who knows what's out there,i keep an open mind phil ?

5 minutes ago, Bottletopburly said:

Mans only bound by his knowledge ,there may be life forms more advanced than ours who knows ,our solar system is 4.6billion years old and the universe 13 billion ,who knows what's out there,i keep an open mind phil ?

... but there's also the physical laws of the universe itself and the more we learn, the more we find that the speed of light is a hard (if not impossible) barrier.

Beam me up, Scotty

Warp Factor 9, Mr Sulu

Just looking back at your original link again Phil. This Scott C. Waring immediately fills me great distrust as he casually and matter-of-factly states...

"This is a lucky catch. The UFO probably came from an underwater base nearby. It must have been traveling pretty fast for it to have not been seen by the eyewitness."

Mr. Waring is obviously THE man who has an official map showing ALL the underwater bases! ?