• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

29 billion pixel image

Bottletopburly

31 minutes ago, BAZ said:

That is just amazing, it's pin sharp as well. 

i homed in on a building there was a guy brushing his teeth clear as day 

That is a superb find, thanks for posting David. ?

I just can't stop zooming into that to see what I can find. ?

Just calculated that viewing that at maximum resolution, I'd need 26000 laptop screens to cover the whole image, or approximately a 56 metre screen diagonal!!

8 hours ago, Tweedledee said:

That is a superb find, thanks for posting David. ?

I just can't stop zooming into that to see what I can find. ?

Just calculated that viewing that at maximum resolution, I'd need 26000 laptop screens to cover the whole image, or approximately a 56 metre screen diagonal!!

Pete are you a maths teacher by any chance ?

13 hours ago, BAZ said:

I will be going back to this, there is literally too much to see. Great find mate.

If you go to the home page, other images at bottom scroll down http://www.bigpixel.cn/

3 hours ago, Bottletopburly said:

Pete are you a maths teacher by any chance ?

No, but when I retire and have some spare time, I fancy doing a maths degree just for fun. Already got some points towards it after doing some OU short courses. I've always had a passion for numbers and equations. Had a quick count up (I'm doing it again! ?) and totalled 142 math books in my library. The front room of the house has floor to ceiling bookshelves on 3 walls, plus an overspill in the spare bedroom!. Approaching 1500 books now, half of which are my wifes! It's a good job we both like books. I used to be a quantity surveyor, but now I'm a driving instructor. ?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Tweedledee said:

No, but when I retire and have some spare time, I fancy doing a maths degree just for fun. Already got some points towards it after doing some OU short courses. I've always had a passion for numbers and equations. Had a quick count up (I'm doing it again! ?) and totalled 142 math books in my library. The front room of the house has floor to ceiling bookshelves on 3 walls, plus an overspill in the spare bedroom!. Approaching 1500 books now, half of which are my wifes! It's a good job we both like books. I used to be a quantity surveyor, but now I'm a driving instructor. ?

my aunt is super intelligent ,my dad hates going to her house books everywhere ,even piled up the stairs she is probably a bit OTT funny lady with a Vast knowledge of everything , maths was never my strong subject though ,

1 hour ago, Bottletopburly said:

my aunt is super intelligent ,my dad hates going to her house books everywhere ,even piled up the stairs she is probably a bit OTT funny lady with a Vast knowledge of everything , maths was never my strong subject though ,

It all has to be very neat and tidy for my wife!

The only thing out-of-place in our house is me, but I get put back in my place very quickly!! ?

• Like 1