• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

One off Dovetail bar.

Graham

I have knocked this dovetail bar up for a guy from SGL.

He wanted one that can carry small weights ( I have also made these ) that can be slid along the bar to balance his set up.

The bolt heads for the tube rings and the weights sit inside the rebate so they cannot foul the mount head.

The whole thing is machined from an Aluminium billet which measured 300mm x 40mm x 15mm

thanks

Graham

Astrotec Limited.

Cheers Stephen.

It kept me occupied today whilst I was waiting for the paint to dry on the 'in laws' gates I got volunteered to make.

Guest Kheldar

Cheers Stephen.

It kept me occupied today whilst I was waiting for the paint to dry on the 'in laws' gates I got volunteered to make.

I'm guessing you get volunteered to make things like I get volunteered to fix PCs? :)

Stephen You have got that right in one.

I also have a god given talent (or curse) in that I can mend anything mechanical.

Literally I mean it,

If you give me a box of bits tell me what it was I can put it back together without the aid of drawings or any kind of clues I can rebuild it.

It might take me a while to figure it out but I can do it.

I have rebuilt old vintage engines that have been given to me in a couple of tea chests, right through to industrial machinery it make no difference some how I just know how it goes back together by working out how it works.

Probably explains why I have a friends count of absolute zero.

That is an awesome talent to have Graham. I would gladly take that curse off your hands. I have always wanted to be "good with my hands". One thing I have always wanted to be able to do is work with wood confidently. To think nothing of taking on an obsy build would be fantastic. As it stands an obsy build is a very daunting project for me! Plus I am goin to wait to buy a house that isn't in the city before building an obsy. I might be seeking your expert mind for tips a couple of years down the line!

Hi Felix.

You wouldn't want it rearly.

I have spent my entire life surrounded by so called 'friends' who you only see when they want something fixed or made.

In the end you give up on people and view everyone with an attitude of 'I wonder what they want'.

As for working with wood forget it I can honestly my only talent with wood is I can turn any piece of timber into perfect kindling in a matter of seconds.

I am totally useless with it.

As for the questions fire away I am always willing to help if I can.