• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

My first go at a DSO

Guest telesto

Guest telesto

Hi this is my first image of a DSO (Orion Nebula) I did it in December but could'nt post it as it was a tiff file and i did'nt know how to change it to a jpeg until i had some tuition at the last Belper meet and i'v finely got round to doing it,this was done using my Cannon 1000D on my 200 dob, It was 100, 2.5 second subs and stacked in DSS

That's really impresive for such short subs. Where were they taken? Was it a dark site? You've brought a lot of detail out there.

Guest telesto

Hi Mike It was taken in my back garden in the middle of Mansfield, I was very surprised with the result too, thanks for you comments

Guest Eddy

Nice shot Clive :) Love the colour in it

Edit: Have you tried playing with the levels to reduce the grey kind of effect?

Edited by Eddy

Guest telesto

Hi Eddy on the original tiff file there is'nt any grey in it it went like that when i converted it to jpeg think i'll put this image into Gimp and have a play with the levels as you suggest.thanks for your comments. Thanks pat

Guest telesto

Hi Pat got some good Video of Saturn all at different setting like you said i stacked them in Reigstax and the pictures are quite good but they are small so im going to do them again when my barlow arrives,next week i hope cheers mate

Guest telesto

Hi Eddy, me and Pat (mainly Pat ) had a play with the levels as you suggested and this is the new image but to loose the grey affect it has blown the centre core but the grey has gone and the gas cloud has improved and has more detail, Im very pleased with it (thanks Pat)

cheers Clive

I never tire of seeing images of Orion.

Cracking image telesto. I'm looking forward to having a run on it myself later in the year.

Regards.

Guest telesto

Thanks paul its my favourite and it's easy to photograph as i'v only got a tracking dob base so can't get long subs