• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Baader cc

Bottletopburly

Looks as though you haven't got the extra bits (as per FLO advert) another £66 .

I'll see when it arrives Monday whether I need any more 'bits'.

Is the spacing OK? The add on ring gives you the 55 mm back focus exactly..

Ron

4 minutes ago, Ron Clarke said:

Looks as though you haven't got the extra bits (as per FLO advert) another £66 .

I'll see when it arrives Monday whether I need any more 'bits'.

Is the spacing OK? The add on ring gives you the 55 mm back focus exactly..

Ron

I assumed that’s all I needed Ron I will see if I can measure later, hadn’t noticed on my images of coma , will look at FLO that’s where I got mine from 

OK, I have a couple of Canon rings that I'll try but like you I may need that spacer ring. Let me know you're spacing

when you can. My CC arrives on Monday so until then I can't really do any thing!

Cheers

Ron

• Like 1

@Ron Clarke  dug an old email out from FLO had me thinking if I had asked about cc when I bought it  here was a reply 

Both correctors will work very well with the DSLR and the 200p. It really depends on if you plan to have more than just the camera connected. The Baader Mark III has a 55mm back focus requirement, ( distance from the corrector to the camera sensor) this means that with the ring fitted to the camera you will be at the 55mm spacing and wont be able to add anything else into the chain and keep the 55mm back focus.

The Rowe requires a much greater back focus of 91.5mm, this allows you to add an OAG into the chain. If just using the DSLR with the Rowe you will need to add 36.5mm of spacing to achieve the 91.5mm back focus requirement

Arrived today, measured to 55.1 mm but I guess it's nearer 55 mm which is right. So is this extra ring really necessary or is it a sales thing? 

I'll do some testing tonight with & without and screwed out 1 mm, just got to find a worthwhile target with plenty of 'edge' stars!

Ron

1 hour ago, Ron Clarke said:

Arrived today, measured to 55.1 mm but I guess it's nearer 55 mm which is right. So is this extra ring really necessary or is it a sales thing? 

I'll do some testing tonight with & without and screwed out 1 mm, just got to find a worthwhile target with plenty of 'edge' stars!

Ron

It’s 55 + - 1mm so should be fine Ron 

Used the CC last night on M92, I'm going to try M92 again tonight without the CC and see if I can see any difference.

Last nights image looked good, not perfect but pretty good. I'll let you know the results when I've done the images.

Ron

Edited by Ron Clarke
  • Like 1