• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

My new bird!

glider

Where did you go for that one Noel? We did a falconry center in Stratford a couple of years ago.

Bryn Tanat Hall near Shrewsbury for a weekend break.

We took the whole company away for 4 days.

Was you told what type of hawk it was Noel, it looks like a Harris Hawk to me.

Glad you had a good time.

We had a Sparrow Hawk in the garden last Monday again - fabulous bird but gone by the time I got my binocs out. There was a blackbird clucking ferociously around it - think she had babies nearby and was trying to frighten it off. It was either carrying dead prey or had straps hanging off it's legs but I couldn't quite make it out. :)

I love the falconry dispays at the county shows and game fairs. At Weston Park a few years back the young Harris Hawk had enough of flying to order and he perched on a floodlight tower and refused to come down for about 15 minutes, his handler was going potty trying to lure him down, much to the crowds amusement

That happens alot at displays, I've been to quite a few now and always have a great time.