• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Part Flocked.

Guest Bryndalf

Guest Bryndalf

I felt the same Daz, but after a while i got a bit braver and started to mess :) most of it is actually very simple. One step at a time and take photos of each step.

Thats what I do in work Bryn, say for example I was stripping down a gearbox, I always take loads of photo's just in case I forget how it goes back together.

Guest Kheldar

I use photos and a big sheet of A3, then I draw boxes and put the screws / clips / bits from each "step" into them with any notes if needed :)

Works well on cameras and electronic goods, not sure how well it would work with a gearbox though .... :D

Think you might need something bigger than a sheet of A3........

Good idea that, will try that next time I need to dismantle something.

• 1 month later...
Guest AstronomyShed

I'm going to cover flocking in a forthcoming video and i could really use a couple of decent pics of before and after flocking if anyone has any I could use.

I'm going to cover flocking in a forthcoming video and i could really use a couple of decent pics of before and after flocking if anyone has any I could use.

Hurry up ;) I've just ordered my flocking material today lol

I must say, I had watched many of your vids before I joined here, and I found them very usefull, so Thank you :)

I think Steve has some before and after shots of his 200P (kheldar). Drop him a PM.

Edited by Daz type-r

I have an unflocked 200p also if you wanted any pics let me know. I intend to flock it but not until I have seen your video as I don't have a clue where to start!! Lol!

I bit the bullet and got flocking tonight. Including taking it apart, flocking (in 1 piece!), putting back together and collimating, it took me a little under 3 1/2 hrs. Would have been quicker had I thought to mark the cell so I knew which way round it came off. It didn't quite line up so I had to take it back off and try a different set of holes etc....