• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Telescope House

Guest Eddy

Guest Eddy

I got an email from Telescope House saying there is going to be 10% discount on the bank holiday for weekend for their email subscribers, You'll have to sign up to their newsletter before 1st June and then you should hopefully get a code come through.

Guest Fluke

I got that e-mail too. Might be worth looking at as long as they aren't 10% more expensive than everyone else!

Guest Kheldar

I got that e-mail too. Might be worth looking at as long as they aren't 10% more expensive than everyone else!

More like 20% more ;)

Edited by Kheldar

Guest Distorted Vision

Hi,

Is it possible to sign up to the newsletter without placing an order?

I am looking to purchase a Meade telescope as a retirement present for my father. Are the discount codes unique to each customer?

Many thanks!

Guest Eddy

I believe you have purchase something first and yes the codes are unique to a customer, I might not be using my code, depends if I spot anything, so might post it on here.

p.s. Welcome to EMS :)

Guest Kheldar

I believe you have purchase something first and yes the codes are unique to a customer, I might not be using my code, depends if I spot anything, so might post it on here.

p.s. Welcome to EMS :)

The last two BH discount codes weren't?

Guest Distorted Vision

I asked Telescope House if they could offer me a discount and they gave me 10% so I went ahead an placed the order.

I was wondering if any of you would advise on which eyepieces would be suitable. I was looking at the Meade 5000 Series Super Plossl set but was wondering if it was worth the extra over the 4000 series. Considering its initially mostly going to be for planetary viewing. Also would a x2 Barlow lens be worth getting?

Telescope House said they would give me a discount on the eyepiece set and Barlow lens when they were back in stock.

Many thanks for your help!

Guest Kheldar

The 5000s are better than the 4000s, but my opinion is that sets are not worth the money (especially at that price!) as it's better to buy single EPs.

If you are looking for a cheaper range of EPs, consider the BST Explorer or X-Cel LXs maybe?

Guest Distorted Vision

Thanks.

Did Telescope House email out discount codes. I didn't receive one - I don't think I'm on their mailing list as I bought over the phone.

Guest Distorted Vision

Does anyone have a code they are not going to use? I'd be really grateful if you would let me use it.

Many thanks!