• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Connecting gamepad to ascom

Starman 1967

Does any body know how to connect a Microsoft game controller to ascom pad. My laptop knows the game pad is connected via play and charge kit but I cant get it to talk to ascom.

Edited by Starman 1967

You need to  configure in Eqmod  you’ll see on right had side of screen 

I have done that but its not recognising the game pad joystick movements or button presses even when i try to calibrate it

is it a wired or wireless controller, if it is a wireless you need a wireless dongle, most of the wireless dongles are copy's of microsoft ones and the drivers don`t work with ascom, there is a fix, and if i remember correctly i have but the fix on the forum somewhere, it was a long time ago, failing that, check your drivers in device manager and either roll back one or do the search for the correct driver, usually there are a couple to choose from.  

52 minutes ago, Bottletopburly said:

You need to  configure in Eqmod  you’ll see on right had side of screen 

select the correct com port

It doesn’t show on comport or usb in device manager it comes up as Microsoft controller in its own section right at the bottom. It is also a wireless controller but I've got it connected by usb cable.

How have you managed to connect a wireless controller via USB cable ?

With the charging lead it can be wired or wireless it's a genuine Microsoft controller  if you have no batteries just plug the lead in and it works via cable 

Have a look on Eqmod yahoo group there may be a thread on there 

1 hour ago, Starman 1967 said:

With the charging lead it can be wired or wireless it's a genuine Microsoft controller  if you have no batteries just plug the lead in and it works via cable 

Learn something everyday, I'll try that myself

Now you got me thinking maybe i do need a dongle even with the cable plugged in.

Dongles are cheap, be careful as loads on eBay are fake, but they do work once a fix has been done, drivers are from the Microsoft website.