• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

It must be Painted Lady day!

RonC

It must be Painted Lady day! We have 6 to 8 of these beautiful butterflies in the garden at the moment and some Peacocks!

large.IMG_5287Painted-lady.jpg.58acaeb6e42b8d2b5d0916731159bbe5.jpg

large.IMG_5315Peacock.jpg.b41575654990929728817eb1af29e974.jpg

Edited by Ron Clarke
  • Like 2

Yep Painted Lady the first one, very nice pics, I have tried all this season to bag one they are so quick. Finally managed one last week.

Massive influx off them this year. I read somewhere but cannot remember where that in Isreal they were counting the migration of painted ladies from Africa through Isreal and into Europe and they counted 1 billion painted ladies. How true that is I don't know but every country in Europe is full of them.

Edited by Doc
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Massive influx off them this year. I read somewhere but cannot remember where that in Isreal they were counting the migration of painted ladies from Africa through Isreal and into Europe and they counted 1 billion painted ladies. How true that is I don't know but every country in Europe is full of them.

Yes I read that mass migration approx every 10years 

• 2 weeks later...