• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

hi from Pinxton

Guest tarqs101

Guest tarqs101

Hi everyone,

Just come across this forum after browsing around sgl.

Been a member of sgl for a couple of years but thought it would be good to meet people local to myself. I live in Pinxton and work as a teacher in

Sawley, Long Eaton.

I have a fairly modest setup. A celestron nexstar 102slt with a few new eps and modified webcam etc.

Cheers

Gavin

Hi Gavin, a warm welcome to EMS.

Iam just down the road at Watnall.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Keep an eye on the announcements for meetings and dark site sessions.

We have two dark sites, one at Sawley, and one at Belper. The first visit is free so you can see what it is like, and £20 a year from then on. This gives you unlimited access to both sites. The Sawley site is gated, and we have two keys for it, I hold one.

Enjoy the forum.

Good morning Gavin. Welcome from Mansfield.

Just about to collect my first learner today from Pinxton.

Us driving instructors usually have lots of work in school holidays. :)

Enjoy the forum.

Welcome Gavin to EMS we spoke a long time ago I think when you had just started being a member of SGL.

Guest tarqs101

thanks for all the welcomes!

Doc, we did chat on SGL a while back now! Both dark sites sound brill. Obviously, one is right by work and Belper is only 10 mins from home too!

So I would be interested in meeting up. Although would probably feel slightly out of my depth!

Gavin l

No such thing as out of your depth.

Everybody had to start somewhere.

I learned so much from our local meets it was invaluable.

Keep an eye on the announcements section, the more the merrier! :) :)

I wouldn't worry, we all had to start somewhere, I just picked stuff up off others, who have been very helpful.

I try and help out with what I know, and in time you will probably do the same.

If you don't make mistakes, you never gain experience, (and I have made a few), and If you get stuck with something just shout up.

It's worth all the trauma when it all goes to plan and you have a look at something amazing.

Just don't mention Venus!

Hi Gavin and welcome to EMS :)

I just replied to your post on SGL and it looks like you got here already. No worries about your experience level or which scope you have - we have folks of all different levels and we all help each other out and share views in each others scopes. You'll find us very welcoming and friendly and after a few sessions you'll soon feel right at home. We'll soon get you spending on equipment too lol.

Looking forward to meeting you at our next get together - as for now - feel free to ask any questions and enjoy the forum :)