• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

91% moon 7/6/12

Antares_Paul

Took advantage of a small gap in the clouds to cobble together my first moon mosaic.

5 pane stitch 5 x 200 frames.

Starwave ED80/IMG132E.

1-5-35-568_stitch-1.png

I've just seen the option for debayering in Registax 5 so will try RAW images next clear sky. Had a play and all seems straight-forward.

Trial image (chimney pot half a mile away lol) seem better using the GR debayer method. Dark sky may change that.

Blue fringing hasn't been a problem on the couple of runs I have had with colour imaging.

That said - my inexperienced eye sees only what it wants to see :D

Thanks for the comments.

Regards.

Edited by Paul Laws

Fantastic! Would an image like that stand being enlarged to a wall poster?

that is a stunner Paul, trully, and no "blue" fringing from the starwave 80 ed, i knew that scope was good for the price, i`m going to have a go with my starwave.

great image

That is a cracking picture Paul.What did you use to stich it together?

M.I.C.E Graham.

Just remember to crop away any rubbish from the borders of each pane before stitching.

Nothing easier ;)

Regards.

Fantastic! Would an image like that stand being enlarged to a wall poster?

All the image hosting sites I've used seem to scale the images down to a file size of 1 meg.

I can post a 96 dpi tif image for you to upscale? I can't find an option to save the mosaic @ 300 dpi in M.I.C.E

Regards.

Very nice, the ejecta rays from the craters Tycho and Copernicus are fantastic.

• 4 weeks later...

Impressive results. I've just bought Ron's so it's good to see what it's capable of :)

You won't be disappointed Tom.

You'll be hard pressed to find anything of the build quality and performance at this price.

I'm only selling my Starwave ED80 due to an upgrade - I would happily keep it.

If anyone here wants it PM me before I advertise it. £235 with reducer collected. Will deliver for fuel 100 mile radius of YO8 or meet halfway etc.

Regards.

Edited by Paul Laws

You won't be disappointed Tom.

You'll be hard pressed to find anything of the build quality and performance at this price.

I'm only selling my Starwave ED80 due to an upgrade - I would happily keep it.

If anyone here wants it PM me before I advertise it. £235 with reducer collected. Will deliver for fuel 100 mile radius of YO8 or meet halfway etc.

Regards.

Might be best sticking this in the "For Sale" section Paul, more people will see it.