• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Over The Moon? Let's go for a daytrip.

Perkil8r

Best get saving, only £100m per person return....

Trips to the moon

If you could afford it, would you really want to do this? I wouldn't on the basis that I hate taking off in a plane and not having a steering wheel infront of me, sat atop a cylinder of explosives.... not my cup of tea. Now if ever they get this plane/orbiter off the ground (for want of a better phrase) then I would be interested, but rockets, no thanks.

A fleet of second hand Russian spacecraft? Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't recall Russia ever having a tried and tested manned lunar vehicle

A fleet of second hand Russian spacecraft? Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't recall Russia ever having a tried and tested manned lunar vehicle

They did, they went, but made a mistake by going on day 1 of a new moon, didn't have enough moon to land on so cam back and kept the whole thing quiet :lol: