• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

The Rosette Nebula in Ha

Derbyshire Dave

Hi Dave

The mount blew up twice, the first time inexplicably, the second time it was traced down to a wrongly wired dew heater band (12V on the outside shell), shorting out the power supply, which was the same supply which connected to the mount. Shorting down the PSU to the mount must have killed it. I must thank Rother Valley optics who fixed it twice with no charge, they were brilliant. So, fingers crossed, back in business now. Just need some clear nights.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Graham said:

I do like this target. 

Funnily enough I started imaging this Monday night  About 3hrs of data so far  👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bino-viewer said:

Thats come out a treat Dave. Are you going to add some colour ?

Yeah, I do intend to. If someone could get the cloud vacuum out please

Excellent image Dave. It was a image of the Rosette Nebula taken by Channel Island amateur astronomer Jean Dean that was featured as NASA's image of the day on 12th April 2019 that set me back on the road towards deep sky astrophotography.

• Thanks 1