• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Waddington Airshow

Craig

Is anybody going to the Waddington Airshow this weekend? I'm there on the Saturday to watch the spectacular stunts and displays. We went last year and my missus grabbed the following from the day;

5897744423_cf9cbdf908_o.jpg

Close in on the thunderbirds by Emma Hefford, on Flickr

5898308530_8544087b3f_o.jpg

Close up of Thunderbirds by Emma Hefford, on Flickr

5896617153_2c688d1737_o.jpg

Vulcan by Emma Hefford, on Flickr

5896219857_3af4c8a9e8_o.jpg

The Red Arrows by Emma Hefford, on Flickr

Give us a shout if you're gonna be there. :D

Very nice, surely that first one looks a bit rude (in a aviation kind of a way) :)

Guest Steve

OK, so how does that plane stay upside down? There is no visual difference in flap positions between the 2 planes, so how does it generate lift? Is it a subtle angle-of-attack diffrence maybe???

I'll be there on Saturday, just up the road from me!! I will enjoy aircraft arriving during the week, some stop off here at RAF Cranwell. The Thunderbirds are a great spectacle as is the Vulcan. The more noise they make the more I like it !! ie: Tornado, Typhoon, F15, F16 and any Mirage!!

Steve, they are fly-by-wire computer flown, they should not fly the right way up either!!

Edited by Ron Clarke

I've always fancied doing aircraft photography, if only I had a decent lens. Busy this weekend though. Have a good time lads.

Forget the air show, I want Hooper the dog!

:lol: Everybody loves that dog :)

OK, so how does that plane stay upside down? There is no visual difference in flap positions between the 2 planes, so how does it generate lift? Is it a subtle angle-of-attack diffrence maybe???

Pure pilot skill. :)

I'll be there on Saturday, just up the road from me!! I will enjoy aircraft arriving during the week, some stop off here at RAF Cranwell. The Thunderbirds are a great spectacle as is the Vulcan. The more noise they make the more I like it !! ie: Tornado, Typhoon, F15, F16 and any Mirage!!

Steve, they are fly-by-wire computer flown, they should not fly the right way up either!!

Perhaps see you there then Ron! :)

Guest Steve

Ahhh - all done with wires. No wonder they are called Thunderbirds!