• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Inactivity

Guest Eddy

I don't know if any of you noticed but I've been quiet lately, the reason behind this is that company I worked for has gone into administration and to claim my one and a half months wages I have to fill in some stupid huge 12 page document :(

Not had much luck finding a new job so far but the hunt goes on.

:(

Sorry to hear that matey (feel bad now after my dig in the shoutbox about you not been around - sorry!!!! :blush: )

Hope you get your back pay sorted and find yourself another job soon.

Good luck!

Guest Fluke
Web Developer work Fluke, I'm tempted to go freelance but not sure if it will generate enough income.

Surely worth a go if you haven't got a job at all?

My Brother-in-law does the same. He works on a contract basis and travels where ever he has too to get work. Sounds like it pays very nicely if you're prepared to travel.

I freelanced in IT for 12 years - best move I ever made - go for it - it'll pay if you pitch yourself right :)

Sorry to hear you have lost your job Eddy.

Good Luck for finding one, hopefully nearby.

Sorry to hear that. I'm self employed and have been for almost 7 years now since losing my job in similar circumstances. Give it a go, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain :)

Eddie, bad luck with the job situation, but have a look at the positives regarding the possibility working for yourself. Just waiting for a job to drop in your lap might take a while in the current economic situation.

While you are unemployed, you have plenty of time to sus out the market, use your previous knowledge and contacts, take some advice and plan out your options. Don't waste any time, get your ideas together and you should find you can take advantage of lots of free advice from professionals while you are unemployed.

Good luck,

Pete.

Guest Fluke

If you havent already done so, make sure all those online jobsites like jobsite & monster have your latest cv available online for potential employers to see.

Also, do use use or have heard of LinkedIn? Its basically Facebook for business users. Ive got many contacts on there from all my previous roles and I often get looked up to see if Im interested in new positions.

Guest Bryndalf

Flukes right about LinkedIn get yourself on there (everyone feel free to add me, Bryn jones - cooper parry).

Do you have a portfolio of work?

PM me your CV and I will see what I can do (I talk to lots of IT managers/directors). I also have a few web design companies I can send it too...

If you're any good at Java there's a greenfield project in Leicester building a 100 man team right now - programmers, analysts, admins, web designers, etc - pm me if you'd like details :)

Yes I have linkedin, I'll upload my CV here and Kim unfortunately I've not really got any knowledge in Java however now I'm jobless I might do some intense training on it as I already have a book on it but never got round to learning it.

• 2 weeks later...