• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Incomplete moon 30/6/12

tbird

First chance to image the moon in ages, Skywatcher 6", F5 on eq6 mount, phillips webcam.

I had to rush with the moon being low in the sky it was starting to disappear behind my neighbour's trees, so I was unable to get enough pictures to complete the mosiac. The focus was a bit off as well.

moon30_06_2012.jpg

Still has come out well. I can hardly see the Moon at all from my garden at the moment as it is so low. What software do you use to stitch together your mosaic?

Hi Mark, I use photoshop elements 8 to stitch together, it was a freebie on my daughters laptop. You just open all the pictures then click to creatre panarama with open files and the program does all the rest, simples ;) . I do tend to have plenty of overlap between pictures, PSE 8 sometimes doesn't recognise where a bit should go so puts it anywhere.

Thanks Paul. Never tried doing a mosaic myself yet. Something i should try i think.