• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Hello From Derby

Glafnazur

Hi, everyone. My name's Dave and I live in Derby. I have been interested in astronomy since reading the Ladybird book The Night Sky far too many years ago now. I've had various cheap scopes and binoculars over my life but finally got a decent scope (an Orion Optics 8" Europa) around 20 years ago. Since then I've added a few scopes and sold a few. After years of visual observing I am now taking my first tentative steps into the realms of astrophotography. 

Dave

Welcome to the forum Dave. Difficult times obviously, but this is great place to get involved in astronomy, meet people, and visit our dark sky sites. Where about are you in Derby?

11 hours ago, Derbyshire Dave said:

Welcome to the forum Dave. Difficult times obviously, but this is great place to get involved in astronomy, meet people, and visit our dark sky sites. Where about are you in Derby?

I'm in Littleover near the Nuffield Hospital. The skies aren't aren't too bad but light pollution has definitely worsened over the last few years.