• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

this months sky at night

red dwalf

anyone watch last nights sky at night ? transit of Venus, i wish we had some clear skies here to see it, looks like we missed a real treat.

next months program looks very interesting also, it`s about small amateur observatorys.

can`t wait for that one.

I saw it last night by accident, just as I was about to go to bed. It was well worth being a bit tired this morning. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Would love to experience an arctic cruise up to Svalbard. The obsy one should be worth watching or recording. I was lucky enough to see the previous Venus and Mercury transits but really wanted to see venus go across again.

Guest Fluke

Damn missed it. Could have sworn I had it on series link but doesn't seem to have recorded :(

I wonder why it's never available on the BBC iplayer?

don`t worry Dan it`s repeated at some time, although i can`t remember exactly when !

Guest Eddy

I saw it last night by accident, just as I was about to go to bed. It was well worth being a bit tired this morning. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Would love to experience an arctic cruise up to Svalbard. The obsy one should be worth watching or recording. I was lucky enough to see the previous Venus and Mercury transits but really wanted to see venus go across again.

Same here Pete! I just turned the TV on to see what was on and there it was, Up next 'Sky at Night' So I watched it :D

Edited by Eddy

Guest Steve

I wonder why it's never available on the BBC iplayer?

It is very annoying. There website shows 'clips' and although it references the iPlayer there is no content. I guess they are hoping to sell us our programs later!

A couple of years ago their website allowed you to watch everything in the Sky@Night archive, going years back, but they have withdrawn that facility. Gits!

Sky at night is shown again on thursday night on BBC4 at half seven. Just looked on the TV planner.

I've just watched it on the iplayer. Very interesting.

Did anyone else notice that Pete Lawrence seemed to have forgotten his counterweights?

Saw it on Beeb 4 Thurs night. Yeah I noticed the counterweights thing too. All a bit too tame for me - just couldn't feel the buzz - they really need to spice these programs up a bit to the same level as Brian Cox's presentations. He would have made it "feel" like the once in a lifetime historic special astronomical event that it was. :)