• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Sirilic via Siril stacking software

Bottletopburly

I was given a tutorial link to sirilc by ivo jäger made by a Startools user which uses Siril basically let’s you sort your stacking out in a way you can understand using  Siril a little better @Clive  not as straight forward as using scripts but more user control you just need Siril installed and don’t need to open up using sirilic .http://download.startools.org/Siril with Sirilic.pdf

Interesting article, in particular the first line - "Siril" is a reverse acronym for "Iris for Linux".  I took a look at the command list for Siril and it appears to be a small sub-set if the extensive IRIS commands so is it effectively a more recent equivalent of IRIS? (the last IRIS release was 2010).  Although capable of performing the full stacking processes I don't use IRIS for stacking, just for processing the stacked images.

• Like 1