• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

wet summer

cosmic dave

Well I don't want to say I told u so but I seem to remember posting a thread about law of averages and rain and the summer being wet. So now I'm predicting a dry autumn. Let's see. Lol

Will do Ron, got a feelin murray will do it tomorrow as well ! :-(

Naaaa..... Fed's gonna knock his scottish socks off lol :)

Hope so, can't support someone thats anti english :-(

Edited by cosmic dave

Guest Euphony

I've been told from someone that he isn't 'anti-english' and that anything that he said was completely twisted by newspapers. Which sounds quite likely, however, I can not confirm that myself.

I think Murray will do well, but ultimately Federer is used to being in a final at Wimbledon and will have the advantage. I think he is under less pressure than Murray, and it will givefederer that edge too.

I'd agree with that Chris - I doubt he's anti English at all - being pro-Scottish isn't a knock at us - just patronage of his birth place country which is fair enough.

But Federer has the benefit of experience in the final as you say plus he has the motivation of a record to shoot for in his swan song years of tennis. He's gonna go for it big time and will be hard to stop - even if Murray has beaten him before it'll be hard to beat Fed this time - I'm looking forward to a great match :)

Guest Steve

F1 or tennis??? Dilema - maybe have them both on.

Normally I'd record the F1, but with it being rainy the coverage could be delayed and moved to a different channel. Nothing worse than settling down to watch the race and then the recording runs out with 10 laps to go!

well thats my murray prediction wrong then, still think its going to be a dry late summer tho...

Guest Steve

Off to the Ardeche in the south of France on Friday for a week and I'll be packing my little WO 66mm. Apparently it has been 30Degrees for the last month with no sign of a change - I am sooo looking forward to seeing some night sky :D

Supposed to be clear tonight for me in Hucknall, clear from 16:00 right through the night, westerly wind a 10mph with no gusts!!!

Hope so, not been out since May 13th, won't be properly dark but may be able to see something!!

Believe it when I see it!

had clear spells the past cople of nights, got a good view of the jupiter moon graze on sunday morning.